What is u3ff0 invalid diagnostic code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

paula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a mechanic diagnose the car for me and he found this code: u3ff0 invalid diagnostic code. This code is leaving my TPMS on as per him. He cleared to code and then it came back on. Any idea what's going on?

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PARKING BRAKE U3FF0

I would think if a mechanic was doing it, he should at least know what the codes mean.

Parking Brake
U3FF0 Invalid Diagnostic trouble code
C1A00 Control Module
U2002 Switch General Electrical Failure
U0155 Lost communication with Instrument panel Cluster (IPC) Control Module

paula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PARKING BRAKE U3FF0

I would think if a mechanic was doing it, he should at least know what the codes mean.

Parking Brake
U3FF0 Invalid Diagnostic trouble code
C1A00 Control Module
U2002 Switch General Electrical Failure
U0155 Lost communication with Instrument panel Cluster (IPC) Control Module

Thanks for elaborating. Yes - that's all the codes he got. He is a bimmer mechanic - maybe that's why he could not figure it out.

What do these codes indicate? Are they serious enough to warrant a trip to an LR mechanic? I think these codes came up when I drove for a few seconds with the parking brake engaged.

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The parking brakes are very fiddly on these, so if you are not working on it yourself, yes, it would be a good idea to look into why it is tripping a code.

paula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As per the independent LR mechanic, these codes are caused by a weakening battery. It's time for me to replace mine anyways. Dekaaaaaa

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He is a bimmer mechanic - maybe that's why he could not figure it out.

What do these codes indicate? Are they serious enough to warrant a trip to an LR mechanic?

So you're telling us you have a pediatric Dr. work on your teeth right?

I'm not sure what you expect when a BMW tech pokes around in a modern LR ;) I could see some overlap maybe during 2003-2005 Range Rover but not since LR3 started with Jag engines and different wiring.

I can assure you my LR dealer or the indy shop will ever be looking under the hood of my BMW.

paula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you're telling us you have a pediatric Dr. work on your teeth right?

I'm not sure what you expect when a BMW tech pokes around in a modern LR ;) I could see some overlap maybe during 2003-2005 Range Rover but not since LR3 started with Jag engines and different wiring.

I can assure you my LR dealer or the indy shop will ever be looking under the hood of my BMW.
Ha ha - good point, jwest. Just that the peadeatric doc happens to be a friend who has been taking care of things for a while for me and more trusted than anyone I have at this time.

That being said, I hope I can find a trusted dentist (I mean LR mechanic) to take my teeth (LR3) in the Pasadena area hereon. Point noted and referrals appreciated

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA