series 3 electrics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

F

fredadog

I am in the process of installing a new loom in my series 3.All the loom is in place just connections to do. At present I have no dipped headlights but main beam and flash are working also sidelights are ok as are rear lights and brake lights. Also indicators and hazards do not work. There seems to be no power to starter as engine does not turn over. Starter is new, battery is charged, solenoid is new ,all indicator wiring and bulbs are new. I have posted some diagrams to see if anyone can point out any obvoius problems with the wiring. Many thanks.

Attachments

• Picture_0017.jpg
    Picture_0017.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 97
  • Picture_0018.jpg
    Picture_0018.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 78
  • Picture_0019.jpg
    Picture_0019.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 81
  • Picture_0020.jpg
    Picture_0020.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 75

bhodisatva

Reaction score
Just a quick reply on this for the time being, will have a look in depth later..... But ....... have you checked all your earth (ground) connections?

M

moonman

I have just redone my loom(Well reconnected it all after the last owner) And i may be pointing out what you allready know. But there is a box between the starter motor and the battery, both with heavy duty +ve leads on em. And a Kickass realay between them. That white and red wire is the trigger for that realay. Whitch in turn connects the starter motor to the battery, Try connecting that straight to a +ve wire, eg brown for constant, and white for acc. and the starter motor SHOULD turn over the engine.

Hope that helps!
Cheers,
NAthan

ArmyRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You do realize this thread is almost 9 years old from the last post and started 11 years ago?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA