Radio Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Island Boy

Reaction score
2006 Range Rover HSE , Hi I'm having a problem with my radio system ,were as I,m unable to get any sound from my speakers. From the surface all appears to be in order(Cd is playing but no sound ). Former owner does have a clue as to what the problem is,Lol. Any feedback provided is appreaciated.

Thanks in advance Mr. Miller

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum... have you checked the fuses?

Island Boy

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response . I'm in the process of checking them now.

My fuse manual does not corrispond with actual fuse placement in the vehicle . Which one to follow?

Thanks Again
Mr. Miller

Island Boy

Reaction score
I checked all of the fuses ,appear to be in good(non blown).Would take it to dealer but live in The Bahamas. Lol Thanks any assistance will be appreaciated

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Works but no sound...

Start buy downloading the repair manual and see if this helps... I don't worry about the radio in mine.. can't hear it over the exhaust.

http://www.landroverresource.com/

Island Boy

Reaction score
thanks alot the manual appears to be for a discovery ,i have a 2006 Range Rover will it work ?

Thanks

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Same manual for the Disco's, RR, Freelanders, and such... the first download on the list.

Island Boy

Reaction score
Thank you for your assistance thus far. I presently live in the Bahamas and took the vehicle to one of our local technichians to check the amp and system. He indicated the system appears to be in order and the amp is getting warm. He advised that it maybe a factory lockout or the mute button was pressed. Any feedback

Also quick question when you adjust the volume on the system is the information veiwable or any indication that same is being adjusted i.e up/down as I am getting no indication, and no sound.

Any help will be appreciated.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
One other thing, if factory radio, try turning the volume up on the radio, and on the steering wheel... both do separate functions.

Island Boy

Reaction score
He advised that it maybe a factory lockout or the mute button was pressed. Any feedback

Also quick question when you adjust the volume on the system is the information veiwable or any indication that same is being adjusted i.e up/down as I am getting no indication, and no sound.

Any help will be appreciated.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA