Ideas for diesel conversion. 2.8 td, 200, 300's...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OREGONIAN

Reaction score
I have decided that I want better gas mileage and a more reliable motor than the problematic 4.0L I was blessed with. I would like to hear from anyone that has made the move to diesel. I am starting to buy into the idea of the Isuzu motor as the best choice. Am I nuts?

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it is a D2, you would need to switch out the tranny also, if it is a D1 it can be done but stay away from the Rover engine, look more towards a Asian motor.
If you want more specific information, PM me your number and I'll be glad to help you.

OREGONIAN

Reaction score
Sorry. 2002 Disco 2 w/ 150k on the clock.

Thank you, Mike. I was hoping you would get a word in here. I will PM you once I am off work today with more about the vehicle and my reasoning behind this decision and of course my contact information.

I have been reading lots about the Isuzu 2.8 td and I'm thinking that might be the one.

film842

Reaction score
I've been researching this also here in Portland and have PM'd you to make contact.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA