Best place to buy IID tool

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Iron oak

Reaction score
Best place to buy IID tool?

Where do you recommend buying this from and what is the approx cost? I thought I read somewhere that it was Bluetooth compatible with a dongle and you could use an iPad for the interface? Is this true? The link at gap diagnostics to find a dealer is broken.

Last edited:

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are two versions. One with Bluetooth and one without. Both versions are a tiny module you plug into your OBD port. The one you can control with your steering wheel buttons, the BT model you can either use steering wheel buttons or download the IID Tool app and control it with your smartphone or iPad via bluetooth.

I know a few people ordered theirs through Britpart.
http://www.britpart.com/parts/lynx-...rated-interface-diagnostics-tool/discovery-4/

ivan gonzalez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Island 4x4 in the UK is were I got my blue tooth IIDtool it was 540+ maybe be more or less with exchange rate.

Mx468

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you let Atlantic British know that you found the Gap Tool for less somewhere else, they will meet the price and beat it by 10%. That's what the parts guy I spoke with, told me. :) All you have to do is tell them where, website, store, etc...

canrover

Reaction score
I live in Ottawa Ontario and the cheapest deal I could find was at lrparts.net . I even managed to get the sales guy to send it VIA British post to avoid any cross border fees. Had we done it through FedEx, there would have been a fee of 50 or so dollars added on on top of their shipping rate.

Last edited:

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still need to get one, but every . single . time I look at that $600 USD price I NOPE the hell away from it.

I just think it is too much. I've been waiting for a deal for a couple years now.

EDIT: I should clarify. I think it is a great product and I think they did some great engineering to make it all work, but for me it is the value of what it does vs how much I would really use it. So many other things that I would get more use out of than it IMO.

canrover

Reaction score
Let me put to you this way....

8 months ago I brought it into the dealership for some warranty work on the front bearings.... While the tech and I were in the car test driving it, I said "Oh, by the way, I ran a scan of the codes for faults on the knocking and I came across this fault "Comnpressor resevoir signal low or intermittent"... or something like that". Either way, the tech looked at the fault and said, "Yeah you're gonna need a new compressor." Since it was covered on Warranty there was a 2000 dollar bill is just dodged. So, with one scan, this tool paid for itself TWICE... Food for thought ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA