Radio muted during call

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vindio

Reaction score
On my 2011 LR4 HSE (Nav), whenever I place (or answer) a phone call while paired to the car, even if I then redirect the call to my handset, it mutes the radio (and I haven't found a way to un-mute it, until the call is complete). Is this the expected behavior? Kind of silly, that my occupants have to listen to me talk on the phone (handset) instead of the radio. Any workarounds?

Thanks!

v

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's the expected behavior in my 2013 as well, whether you use the car speakers + mic, the handset's speakerphone or earpiece, the audio system stays muted until you hang up (which I'm OK with. Hate having to talk over music playing anyway.) I guess that, with the call transferred to your handset from the car speakers, you could disconnect Bluetooth (touch "Change Phone" and "Disconnect" the currently selected handset.) That should keep the call live on your handset and restore the audio system in the car. You would probably need to manually reconnect the handset to the car after you hang up, though. Not sure if the interface of the 2011 allows this, my 2013 does.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72