Rear tire carrier LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be putting a Baja rack up there. I might switch to a smaller jack if it becomes an issue

You can probably just pull it off if you get into a narrow section. I keep trying to follow my friends in Wranglers onto trails that are probably better suited for ATVs. :argh:

ivan gonzalez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still can't believe nobody is fabricating these and selling them.
The main problem on fabricating these as my friend from the shop will say "not every bumper/car sits the same" if your bumpers a bit off you could have the arm a bit tilted to the side. I ask him if he would fabricate these and he said in order to get a job he's comfortable with he needs the car unless you have a shop that will weld this for you for the install. They did have a hard time getting some things right like how to hold the tire in a fix position once its unlatch and even the latch itself was a problem. I can have all the parts made and ship them but you will need someone the can weld to finish the job.

ivan gonzalez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He made it out of the cylinder from a caterpillar shock absorbers cylinder. Kinda weird but it won't rust, needs no grease and yeah it won't rust.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wish someone would mass produce these too!! Kills me that Kaymar is the only player on the market and it is not at all optimal, as it completely blocks one of the tail lights.

Looks great Ivan. I am quite jealous! =)

ivan gonzalez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can get him to build and send you everything you will need to finish it on your truck but you will need a shop to weld and if need be adjust it so the arm is straight. Not sure on how much $$$ since he only charge me for parts and not labor.

Ryby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wish someone would mass produce these too!! Kills me that Kaymar is the only player on the market and it is not at all optimal, as it completely blocks one of the tail lights.

Looks great Ivan. I am quite jealous! =)

What about the carrier Voyager makes? Any thoughts/feedback from anyone on those? Doesn't cover up the taillights. I was considering the half length arm version.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great! My buddy is working on my swing away that we will weld and fabricate to my Kaymar bumper. I hate the swing-aways that Kaymar provides, so I am doing my own.

I did get the Baja installed - looks awesome and so much more useful space.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72