Most fun I've had driving int he snow in a while

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back to topic: Just ordered some Nokians for this winter. Get 'em while they are in stock. Half the country is going to order snow tires this week. ;-)

Now I"m hoping for snow.

So I ordered the Nokians as well. I planned to put them on my 19" wheels. BUT, I just learned that the TPMS recall coming in December is going to require TPMS monitor replacement on the later models - meaning at a minimum my 2014. And they couldn't tell me, yet, if the recall replacement will include the 2nd set of TPMS sensors I purchased in June for my Compomotives to the tune of nearly $600! And, NO, I am not going to pay for yet another $600 set of sensors a mere few months later because a Land Rover recall obsoletes the ones I purchased in June. I am assuming they will replace them since I bought these OEM sensors directly from them. But just in case I cancelled my snow tire order until it gets resolved. (I'll post this news about the TPMS Recall on that thread.)

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My snows go on this weekend. Will be heading up to Quebec soon so I want to be ready.

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Man in Brown just dropped off 4 Nokians at my office. He left them by my car and said have fun. Comical. Glad I had room in the back.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Man in Brown just dropped off 4 Nokians at my office. He left them by my car and said have fun. Comical. Glad I had room in the back.

Cool. Not sure which ones you are getting. My Nokian Hakkapeliittas should be here and mounted on my wheels on Wednesday. The mountains are supposed to have a couple more feet of snow. Thinking of going up Friday for some snow shoeing and it could be fun to see how these do.

Ryby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You Duratrac runners pleased with them as your snow shoes or you guys swapping them in the winter?

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the Nokians. They were the same price as the Blizzaks. Expecting 8 inches of snow here tomorrow, but I'm leaving town. I'm going to wait until the next storm is brewing and then throw them on.

overblown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You Duratrac runners pleased with them as your snow shoes or you guys swapping them in the winter?

I run Duratracs on my wrangler year around and I couldn't be happier. An absolutely fantastic tire. It does everything very well. Great in the snow, mud and grass. High grip in the rain, no fear of hydroplaning and despite the aggressive look of the tread pattern, they are really quite on the road.

As for winter tires for the LR4, I'll be going with these http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...all=Blackwall&partnum=555TR9IG51VXL&tab=Sizes from all I've seen so far they are as good as the blizzacks for half the price.

Last edited:

Ryby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run Duratracs on my wrangler year around and I couldn't be happier. And absolutely fantastic tire. It does everything very well. Great in the snow, mud and grass. High grip in the rain, no fear of hydroplaning and despite the agressive look of the tread pattern, it's really quite on the road.

As for winter tires for the LR4, I'll be going with these http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...all=Blackwall&partnum=555TR9IG51VXL&tab=Sizes from all I've seen so far they are as good as the blizzacks for half the price.

Cool, thanks for the feedback! So you have decided to not run them this winter though?

overblown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool, thanks for the feedback! So you have decided to not run them this winter though?

No problem. And do you mean the Yoko's? I will be running them this winter yes. I just haven't gotten my new truck yet. It was supposed to be in last week. Go figure lol. I hated the factory conti's on my 2012 LR4 in the snow. Downright dangerous! So I decided to address that with my new one.

Ryby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problem. And do you mean the Yoko's? I will be running them this winter yes. I just haven't gotten my new truck yet. It was supposed to be in last week. Go figure lol. I hated the factory conti's on my 2012 LR4 in the snow. Downright dangerous! So I decided to address that with my new one.

No I meant the Duratracs. You mentioned running them year round and that they were great in the snow... and then said you were buying some different winter tires so I was curious why you weren't running the Duratracs for the winter. Yeah I have some Conti's now that I need to replace asap. I am up in the air between sticking with my OEM 20s or getting some 18' Compos. Wondering if the 18"s will be a less squirrelly ride than the 20s. Bouncing all over the place.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA