Tire Pressure Monitoring System Fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone else getting the "Tire Pressure Monitoring System Fault" error message occassionally? I would get this every few weeks, and the message would go away while driving after several miles and a re-start or two. I had taken it into the dealer back in March and they said that LRNA is aware of the problem but they did not have a solution yet. Just curious how many others are affected by this problem.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone else getting the "Tire Pressure Monitoring System Fault" error message occassionally? I would get this every few weeks, and the message would go away while driving after several miles and a re-start or two. I had taken it into the dealer back in March and they said that LRNA is aware of the problem but they did not have a solution yet. Just curious how many others are affected by this problem.

I noticed that A few months ago. Hasn't showed up since.

mrtp4

Reaction score
I have never had this fault. But I did get a "Check spare tire pressure" warning that would pop up everytime I started the truck, and would not go away. BUT, I don't have the heavy duty package, so my small-size spare does not even have a sensor!

My dealer could not find a way to override this. Their solution was to let the computer keep thinking I have a full-size spare, but to set the warning level to 0 psi.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a similar issue with my TPMS giving a fault. I got the same explination from the dealer that LR knows there is an issue, but they don't have a fix for it yet. It happened only one time in December and has not come back.

Rob

Landmark

Reaction score
i had this happen a few times. Also had gearbox fault a couple of times. They did the old change the battery out routine. That may or may not have been the problem but i will say i have not had anymore fault codes.

Ghtylo

Reaction score
I just had the problem for the first time the other day. It went away after a couple of starts and I had not called the dealer yet.

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had my LR4 for 6 months and 4k miles and so far it's happened to me about 8 times.

Question: what happens when the tire pressure is actually low? Is there a message that shows up in the info console in addition to the tire pressure warning light, and if so what is the message?

tim-in-ca

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read this thread on Tuesday and low and behold, I experienced the TPMS fault for the first time the following morning!! Amazing! I cleared later in the day on my drive home. Guess I'll have to keep a watch on this. These things seem to be problematic. My A8 had the same problem and was never really fixed. I ended up just giving up and made it the dealer's problem when I returned the leased vehicle.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had my LR4 for 6 months and 4k miles and so far it's happened to me about 8 times.

Question: what happens when the tire pressure is actually low? Is there a message that shows up in the info console in addition to the tire pressure warning light, and if so what is the message?

Hi,

It doesn't give the same fault light on the dash. It will be much more specific when the alarm happens for an actual low tire.

Rob

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

It doesn't give the same fault light on the dash. It will be much more specific when the alarm happens for an actual low tire.

Rob

Does anyone know what is the exact message that appears if the tire pressure is low in a tire? I know some of you had driven in sand and had to air down, so perhaps the message came up then? I'm tempted to air down one of my tires and drive around the block several times until the light comes on and see what the message is. My service guy keeps insisting that my Tire Pressure Monitoring System Fault message is from low tire pressure (or perceived low pressure due to a change in tempurature) and I don't buy it. I've had it come on in 60 degree weather just a day after the tires were filled. And also checked the tires when I got home and they were fine.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV