Tire Pressure Monitoring System Fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In fact, on some of the newer vehicles there are so many warning systems (nags) it can drive you nuts. I actually like the blind spot and rear traffic monitoring. But in my MDX I had Lane Departure Monitoring which would heap at me every time I forgot to use my turn single - even if I was in the middle of Wyoming with no cars for miles. Then there was the collision avoidance that would sometimes trigger and flash BRAKE! at me when it was unnecessary. And then the Navigation Voice directions which would constantly complain if I altered a route (because there was obvious construction or whatever.)

It was like having a constant back seat driver - or driver's ed teacher.

The LR4 has plenty of these systems. But other new vehicles are worse.
I can't stand any of these systems or gadgets! :)

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get the feeling systems such as emergency brake assist / collision avoidance braking (or whatever each manufacturer calls these gizmos) will become commonplace, perhaps even mandatory, within a few short years, as car companies and technologies steadily and inexorably march toward cars that drive themselves with little input required from the driver. Cars of the future will be 100 times safer, and 1000 times more boring to drive.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get the feeling systems such as emergency brake assist / collision avoidance braking (or whatever each manufacturer calls these gizmos) will become commonplace, perhaps even mandatory, within a few short years, as car companies and technologies steadily and inexorably march toward cars that drive themselves with little input required from the driver. Cars of the future will be 100 times safer, and 1000 times more boring to drive.

From the looks of things, you wont even get to drive them. They will do that for you.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That may end up being a good thing for most people. People who don't really want to drive. They want to talk, text or whatever. And with all these automated systems I think people can get lulled into thinking the car will do it for them. (Or maybe that is NOT thinking at all.)

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That may end up being a good thing for most people. People who don't really want to drive. They want to talk, text or whatever. And with all these automated systems I think people can get lulled into thinking the car will do it for them. (Or maybe that is NOT thinking at all.)
I think this is already the case in affluent China. They account for almost all of the new RR LWB orders and the luxury cars are all made special for a grand back seat experience.

aj22

Reaction score
Resurrecting old thread.

I just got this message on my 2014 LR4, all tire pressures are normal.

I too just got this on my 2 week old 2014 LR4. The only good thing is that it made me check my tire pressures, all of which were too high. But after getting them to the recommended pressures, the fault hasn't gone away. I'm assuming(hoping) it will with a couple of restarts.

Also, I assume the IID tool works with 2014s?

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too just got this on my 2 week old 2014 LR4. The only good thing is that it made me check my tire pressures, all of which were too high. But after getting them to the recommended pressures, the fault hasn't gone away. I'm assuming(hoping) it will with a couple of restarts.

Also, I assume the IID tool works with 2014s?
Yes, according to the website and what Patrick at Gap Diagnostics had told me, it works on the 2014 LR4.

magnumforc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, after how many restarts does the dreaded "Check spare tire pressure" warning go away? I received the warning yesterday and actually I deserved it as the full size spare was about 10 lbs low (Heavy duty Package) No idea why, no leaks found, so I simply aired it up to 2 PSI over the recommended 42 PSI and cranked it back in place. The vehicle has been restarted about 8-10 times since and the warning persists. Think it will go away or a dealer trip is called for? On all the other vehicles I've had, either you could check the actual PSI on each tire and the low warning would go away after air was added, OR they at least had a reset. Not so with LR.

magnumforc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine reset after 3 days.

Thanks. This is two days for me so I can hope to avoid the dealer. Luckily it's the spare. The spouse also has an LR4 without the HD package so she has no worries with the donut spare. I guess there is a downside to the full size spare after all!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV