LR4 Technical Service Bulletins (TSBs)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jomalo

Reaction score
Follow up on my LR4 issues, turns out there was a "kinked" plug that reversed the flow of water from the roof. Causing it to pool up and run into the car, soaking the headliner and floors. Good portion of the interior is being replaced (floor carpeting and headliner, et al).

I saw a thread reporting similar issues on previous LR/Disco models but nothing on the newer LR4s. Anyone experience similar issues?

i haven't experienced something like this before, would something like this affect resale value down the line? I've had them check and replace wiring that may have corroded as well, but water has a nasty way of surprising you further down the road.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any 2014 LR4 TSBs?

I'm n

Not sure how to check for TSBs. I also realize that the 2014 LR4s have only been out a short time. But the dealers and those of us waiting to order have noticed a slow down or gap in availability for builds in March/April. My dealer told me there was a shortage of the SCV6 engines. I have no reason not to trust him but sometimes there is more to the "corporate" story than the sales people are being told. I just want to make sure they didn't uncover some issue with the issue or the initial 2014 models and held up production which they get it resolved. I have a LUX on order for delivery in June. But if one came available earlier that fit our requirements I might jump on it - provided I was 100% certain the delays weren't due to addressing issues from the first builds.

So how do I check for any recent TSBs on the MY14 LR4s with the SCV6?

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm n

Not sure how to check for TSBs. I also realize that the 2014 LR4s have only been out a short time. But the dealers and those of us waiting to order have noticed a slow down or gap in availability for builds in March/April. My dealer told me there was a shortage of the SCV6 engines. I have no reason not to trust him but sometimes there is more to the "corporate" story than the sales people are being told. I just want to make sure they didn't uncover some issue with the issue or the initial 2014 models and held up production which they get it resolved. I have a LUX on order for delivery in June. But if one came available earlier that fit our requirements I might jump on it - provided I was 100% certain the delays weren't due to addressing issues from the first builds.

So how do I check for any recent TSBs on the MY14 LR4s with the SCV6?

I'm not sure if there are many TSBs for the SCV6 LR4 but you could try to find info for the RR and RRS as well as some of Jaguar vehicles equipped with the same engine...

As I read your posts, I often feel like you're trying to find problems with the vehicle rather than approaching this purchase with an optimistic state of mind.

As you know and probably experienced, most machines (whatever they might be) come with their share of problems. Some have few and some might have more.

If you compare reliability between the LR4 and the X5... The LR4 is a much more reliable vehicle.

I believe that you'll be all good and happy with the 2014 LR4 which will be covered by a factory warranty for 4 years and/ or 50,000 miles.

I can't wait to see what you'll do with your LR4 being in Colorado.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are spot on, AxelR. I am trying to identify any potential issues early on. Just so I go in with my eyes wide open. A bit obsessive? Yes. Why? Because I failed to do this with the '14 Acura MDX I bought last June. I had not done any research. I had incorrect perceptions of what an MDX was designed fo. And I didn't even think about the risks associated with a 1st model year. And after I owned it for a couple of months and things started to come out we look to Acura to address these issues and are hearing that some were addressed with subsequent builds but those built in the first couple of months are - for now - stuck.

Now these are not huge issues. Things like the voice command for adjusting the heated seats doesn't work. Weird issues like the all of the Nav/Voice/BT/Infotainment systems freezing up (my review camera remained on while I was driving forward - for 10 minutes - at 65 MPH.) But that experience had me thinking that I might in face be better off waiting for that June delivery than jumping on something which comes available now. Maybe, IF there were issues uncovered and resolved in subsequent builds, I might lower that risk.

Then, of course, as they spin up more capacity and hire more staff things may get worse!

So am I obsessing! Absolutely! That's what happens when I have to wait this freaking long! ;-)

But, my wife and I went to the dealership and sat in someone else's (sold but not picked up) LUX w/ Corris Gray and Arabica interior and loved it. Loved just hanging out in the truck. Playing with different seating configurations. Imagining how we would use the different configurations. So nothing is going to discourage us from getting one. There is nothing out there like it. It is just a matter of waiting. And of course monitoring any issues that could possibly be addressed before hand. ;-)

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are spot on, AxelR. I am trying to identify any potential issues early on. Just so I go in with my eyes wide open. A bit obsessive? Yes. Why? Because I failed to do this with the '14 Acura MDX I bought last June. I had not done any research. I had incorrect perceptions of what an MDX was designed fo. And I didn't even think about the risks associated with a 1st model year. And after I owned it for a couple of months and things started to come out we look to Acura to address these issues and are hearing that some were addressed with subsequent builds but those built in the first couple of months are - for now - stuck.

Now these are not huge issues. Things like the voice command for adjusting the heated seats doesn't work. Weird issues like the all of the Nav/Voice/BT/Infotainment systems freezing up (my review camera remained on while I was driving forward - for 10 minutes - at 65 MPH.) But that experience had me thinking that I might in face be better off waiting for that June delivery than jumping on something which comes available now. Maybe, IF there were issues uncovered and resolved in subsequent builds, I might lower that risk.

Then, of course, as they spin up more capacity and hire more staff things may get worse!

So am I obsessing! Absolutely! That's what happens when I have to wait this freaking long! ;-)

But, my wife and I went to the dealership and sat in someone else's (sold but not picked up) LUX w/ Corris Gray and Arabica interior and loved it. Loved just hanging out in the truck. Playing with different seating configurations. Imagining how we would use the different configurations. So nothing is going to discourage us from getting one. There is nothing out there like it. It is just a matter of waiting. And of course monitoring any issues that could possibly be addressed before hand. ;-)
Glad to hear you liked the Arabica! :)

Did you decide on that?

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep. Corris Gray with Arabica. It may seem odd to mix a gray exterior with a brown interior. But the Arabica is not a "gold" brown. It is more of a gray-brown if there is such a thing. Sort of a chocolate or mocha. (My wife would LOL at me right now.)

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep. Corris Gray with Arabica. It may seem odd to mix a gray exterior with a brown interior. But the Arabica is not a "gold" brown. It is more of a gray-brown if there is such a thing. Sort of a chocolate or mocha. (My wife would LOL at me right now.)
Yep, exactly. It's definitely not a lighter brown like you see in some car trims. It is quite dark, so I think it goes well with any color - especially white and some of the grays. Awesome choice - congratulations!

I have also seen the Ivory interior with the Windsor leather and it looks sharp, but man I can't imagine having white seats.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On they Ivory we absolutely agree. That may work well in an RR or RRS that is intended more for a downtown city life. But in the country? With the "grand dog" in the car? Kids? I would have to get those covers you have and leave them on all the time!

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I completely understand doing extensive research when purchasing a car/ truck or anything else. I'm somewhat obsessive myself.

I had decided that I would not get anything else than a 2012 or later for many reasons, the main one being the redesigned infotainment, however I also had to keep in mind that I was going to use it quite a bit off-road while in New Mexico (July '14 to July '15). It took away the option of leasing a 2013, so I waited and waited to find the right 2012 used one... Never happened.
Eventually a 2010 popped up with all the options I wanted (minus the HD package) and I decided to go for it and got it certified.
I've been really happy with it.

On the other hand, the dealership experience which is always friendly doesn't seem to be up to par with other brand. Everybody is really nice but I'm not quite sure how knowledgeable they really are both in sales and service.

In any case I love my 2010 and after spending a few days with a 2013, I don't even dislike my infotainment as much anymore. Also, so far I haven't missed the HD package.

costelj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have also seen the Ivory interior with the Windsor leather and it looks sharp, but man I can't imagine having white seats.
I like them because they are unique and they contrast the all-black LUX leather and black exterior quite well. No one else I've seen has them in an LR4 (and my dealer tells me I'm still the only Ivory seat purchase he's sold on an LR4).

That said, yeah, they're white. :) The first time you drive in real blue jeans for several hours, you'll figure out you need some sort of leather protection. And people are naturally uncomfortable bringing food or drink when they drive with me. I suppose that's not really a bad thing.

One friend of mine teases me about them non-stop. She keeps saying that the only positive of the white seats is the expanded demographic for re-sale of the car (basically, she's saying they're girl seats).

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA