MY14 LR4: JotaDe's Thoughts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JotaDe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've decided I'm going to stop futzing with ECO mode and use it with my normal driving habits (as it was intended). Some of my driving habits will probably change.
I've certainly had some blonde moments getting used to it. Sometimes I go to turn the car off and just before I press stop/start ECO turns it off and I turn it back on.

Hey David, I'm still itching to get down there, but Sept/Oct are crazy at work right now, I'll be in touch when things lighten up for me.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've decided I'm going to stop futzing with ECO mode and use it with my normal driving habits (as it was intended). Some of my driving habits will probably change.
I've certainly had some blonde moments getting used to it. Sometimes I go to turn the car off and just before I press stop/start ECO turns it off and I turn it back on.

Hey David, I'm still itching to get down there, but Sept/Oct are crazy at work right now, I'll be in touch when things lighten up for me.
Hey JD,

Just let me know! The monthly gathering this weekend is cancelled because it is the NCLR annual event down in Hollister (Friday to Sunday). There are lots of activities, but I can only go for the day tomorrow. I may not be able to go in November or December, but let's keep in touch and plan something soon.

-David

JotaDe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how to update the date in the message center in the instrument panel just south of the birds-eye car graphics (I think it was reset when I had my sub installed and the battery was disconnected)?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Press the Setup hard button under the touchscreen (it's to the right of the center stack clock on my 2013.) On the touchscreen, select System > Clock Adjust > Date. Do your one-touch windows and sunroof still work? May have to reset those as well after a battery disconnect...

JotaDe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I assumed the settings were in the message center settings on the instrument panel itself.

JotaDe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi folks.

What do you use to detail the rubber weather stripping on the side windows (not the harder black plastic strips)?

After a wash I've tried mothers back to black and it still leaves the chalky white stripes.

Hopefully there is a way to get a nice consistent black on that rubber.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrhick