2015 LR4 - Questions, advice, thoughts.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GreeN YarN

Reaction score
To update this thread:

I had been in contact with my salesman about the status of our order and recently changed and added a couple things to our build list (changed color and added heavy duty package).

Come to find out the "factory had changed the date we could modify our order and didn't alert the salesman". Has anyone else seen or heard about this? Curious if we're getting some kind of run-around.

After finding this out, we have placed an order for exactly what we want but now have to wait until the end of December for delivery.

My wife and I are obviously frustrated but the dealership is willing to make it right. In this instance we are promised a used loaner from the time we were originally going to receive our vehicle until the new delivery date. This will be just over a months time with a loaner.

I'm hoping the dealership is willing to keep their word and try making it right with us in order to keep us happy for this transaction.

JMC08

Reaction score
Did you ever get to a test drive? What were your thoughts?

I just had my 13 Sport in for service last week. They gave me a 14 LR4 HSE with black pack to drive. I have always loved the LR4 and thoroughly enjoy driving one whenever the opportunity rises.

My opinions are as follows. I think the new v6 is adequate for in town driving, but is lacking for highway pull. Really, overall the v8 feels better. I seemed to notice about a 1-2 mpg improvement on combined fuel economy in the new LR4 compared to my Sport or the 13 LR4.

Personally, I don't care for the transmission dial selector, I would much prefer a lever/joystick. Of course, this is nitpicking and is in no way that big of a deal, just a preference.

The HSE luxury package is worth every penny to me. You do not get memory seats, heated seats or steering wheel, power tilt-telescopic steering wheel, nice leather or the extended leather package that covers the doors, dash and armrest in lesser models.

I'm always a big fan of OEM parts/accessories. For both my past Range Rover and my current Sport, I have loaded them up with genuine accessories. Many times, I buy from Land Rover Sacramento as they sell below the typical dealer prices.

Without a doubt, the LR4 is one of the most pleasant, true Land Rovers available. I too am afraid of the next gen. changes and would have no problem buying a 14/15 now. The current body-style is just about perfect in my opinion.

Last edited:

david_h

Reaction score
I am confused; Is the 2015 LR4 the same thing as the 2015 LR5 or are they two different cars? I see release date for both titles and different computer images, but don't know what to believe.

nvictor

Reaction score
Green yarn

How long was the wait for the car after ordering it.? Are wait times different with different dealers. I am here in southern california. My LR3 2005 model has 227000 miles on it and I am worried i am going to get some major issue soon.
Thx!
Noel

Ryby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Green yarn
My LR3 2005 model has 227000 miles on it and I am worried i am going to get some major issue soon.
Thx!
Noel

This statement right here gives me more confidence in my 11' LR4 that is about to roll past 50k and go out of warranty!

GreeN YarN

Reaction score
Green yarn

How long was the wait for the car after ordering it.? Are wait times different with different dealers. I am here in southern california. My LR3 2005 model has 227000 miles on it and I am worried i am going to get some major issue soon.
Thx!
Noel

Yes, different dealers have different allocation amounts and schedules. The two I went to had very different allocation amounts but somewhat similar delivery schedules from what I remember. A big variation in available allocations is that dealers popularity or proximity to affluent customers, at least here this has a great impact on availability. I was able to find a dealer with an available delivery within two months. You may have more luck if you're looking for a delayed delivery (more then a couple months).

Hope this helps

jrosa

Reaction score
Could you please clarify what consists the Vision Assist package?

Down here in Brazil we do not have this package option, as well as we did not have in the 2014 model the possibility to add Adaptive Cruise Control and Stop/Start. Here we only have the Diesel option TDV6 for the S model and SDV6 for the SE and HSE models.

GreeN YarN

Reaction score
Could you please clarify what consists the Vision Assist package?

Down here in Brazil we do not have this package option, as well as we did not have in the 2014 model the possibility to add Adaptive Cruise Control and Stop/Start. Here we only have the Diesel option TDV6 for the S model and SDV6 for the SE and HSE models.

This is from Motor Trend, a U.S. car magazine:

Vision Assist Package for HSE - $1,600
360 degree parking camera; 5 total cameras; Parking assistance: guidance display for rear parking; Front cam&radar parking distance sensors, rear cam&radar parking distance sensors, side camera parking distance sensors; Blind junction view; Headlight control and active headlights; Trailer assist: includes trailer reversing aid and trailer hitch assist; Blind Spot Monitoring overtaking sensor; Reverse traffic detection; LED signature lighting; Requires: [7HS] HSE Package; Or [7LX] HSE LUX Package

Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/cars/2014/land_rover/lr4/packages_options/#ixzz3LHCu2MvS

jrosa

Reaction score
This is from Motor Trend, a U.S. car magazine:

Vision Assist Package for HSE - $1,600
360 degree parking camera; 5 total cameras; Parking assistance: guidance display for rear parking; Front cam&radar parking distance sensors, rear cam&radar parking distance sensors, side camera parking distance sensors; Blind junction view; Headlight control and active headlights; Trailer assist: includes trailer reversing aid and trailer hitch assist; Blind Spot Monitoring overtaking sensor; Reverse traffic detection; LED signature lighting; Requires: [7HS] HSE Package; Or [7LX] HSE LUX Package

Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/cars/2014/land_rover/lr4/packages_options/#ixzz3LHCu2MvS

Thanks for the prompt reply GreeN YarN !

We do not have all of it here: My has the rear cam&radar parking distance sensors; Blind junction view; Headlight control and active headlights; Blind Spot Monitoring overtaking sensor; Reverse traffic detection; LED signature lighting. Would love to have the possibility to get the full package in my car.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV