2010 Rear Center Seat Stowing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AceRider

Reaction score
2012 Rear Center Seat Stowing

Howdy,

I'm trying to stow my rear center seat. I'm 99% certain I know how it works (I've had them down before and I reread the manual), but I can't get the thing down.

1. Use the latch on the top of the seat to recline the backrest forward; easy and works
2. Pull the cord in the bottom front of the seat and push down; nothing happens?

As I recall, the seat lowers so that the folded seatback is at the same level as the third row seats when they are fully stowed, right?

I have two car seats in the outboard second row seats - will the center only fold if the two outboards are down?

What the hell am I missing?

Last edited:

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have anything stuffed under the seat that may prevent it from lowering? In addition to lowering down, the seat assembly also moves forward a bit, so make sure there are no obstruction under or in front of the seat. Also, sometimes you need to yank that cord quite hard to release the mechanism, not the easiest thing to do especially if you are only lowering the "30" center part.

AceRider

Reaction score
Nothing blocking it; dealer gave me some advice, which includes that since it isn't used often, it may need some lubing.

FYI to all: I asked if the center seat could be removed, leaving an aisle to the rear seats since I have two car seats outboard, and the answer is no. Evidently something in the middle seat is connected to the two outboards.

El Solis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't know how to help with the seat folding but I do know you can remove that center seat. The overland journal guys did it and a club member has done it. They stuck their fridges there.

AceRider

Reaction score
I found this thread: http://www.landroverworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=20077

In hindsight, I think I've read this before. I don't know why my dealer's service guy said it can't be done?

But a good point was brought up in the thread above: If you put things in the trunk, you no longer have the seats stopping them from becoming missiles into the front of the vehicle in a crash....

eljefe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
try yanking up on the bottom seat cushion....a couple of time. something has to be sticking. also try and rotate one of the outboard seats out of the way( entry to rear seat position) then you can look at inboard seat latching mechanism. Tug real ******* the strap under seat as Umbertob suggested. good luck

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Somethings definitely sticking. You are correct in thinking it should go down all the way. The complete back can go flat. I do it often, actually. In fact, I keep my center section lowered all the way because I have a basket of stuff I like easy access to sitting on the folded and lowered center section as close to the console area as reasonable. I've never had a problem with mine. But I do know that the strap under the front of the seat needs a good pull some times.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA