Bridgeston Blizzak DM-V1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Considering it's November 17th and there's snow in the forecast tonight, I'm seriously considering a set of these this winter. My question is this: If we get a dry winter, are these things an annoyance on dry pavement?

At best, my snow season is December till the end of February, but we frequently travel around the mid-Atlantic to ski. My stock tires have 27K on them, and aren't that great in snow.

Anyone use these things or have a recommendation for a different tire. The Blizzaks are "ONLY" $692 for a set. I plan to have my rover for a few more years.

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Considering it's November 17th and there's snow in the forecast tonight, I'm seriously considering a set of these this winter. My question is this: If we get a dry winter, are these things an annoyance on dry pavement?

At best, my snow season is December till the end of February, but we frequently travel around the mid-Atlantic to ski. My stock tires have 27K on them, and aren't that great in snow.

Anyone use these things or have a recommendation for a different tire. The Blizzaks are "ONLY" $692 for a set. I plan to have my rover for a few more years.

I use them, just swapped them on and took my mud terrains off for the winter. They are a good tire. I don't find them any worse for handling than the conti's on dry pavement. Handle great in ice/snow as you would expect.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just put the Blizzaks on my wifes car. I have had several models of the Blizzaks on various vehicles. In cold weather (less than 20F) and in snow/ice.. they rock. But they are soft.

Even on my wifes lexus RX, (lightish SUV) it impacts handling.

On warm pavement, dry even, you have to be very careful because they dont have great braking performance, you can slide if you stop quickly.

If you use them for what they are made for, they rock, but have some other tires to run when its warmer.

I have been just using winter rated all terrain tires, they are not as good, but are more sturdy.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use them only when it's colder (under 45 or so) and you should get good life out of them. I haven't had any problem on dry pavement - although I drive pretty conservatively. But definitely worth it the first time you go through a deep snow, or especially on ice. I'd recommend 235mm over the 255, skinny is where it's at. I'm thinking of getting a new set just to get the narrower ones. Mine have plenty of tread left after 6 years, maybe 30,000 miles but I think over time they've lost their grip. I'm guessing the rubber may have hardened a bit because of how I stored them....

I will probably go with the Nokians again, which might run around $800-$850. I'm sure the Blizzaks are comparable though.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi