2003 Disco SE7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tarheelphil

Reaction score
Hey all, new to the site although I have always looked around on here prior to registering. Looking to buy my first Land Rover.

Found this Disco on craigslist listed with 81K miles. It is in very good condition but I feel the price is still a bit high. Listed at 10K.

What do you experts feel is a reasonable offer?

00T0T_34xWtKbGAHn_600x450.jpg

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Lower mileage is worth more money, but that is basically full retail price. So I guess it would really depend on how clean it is and what needs to be done.

tarheelphil

Reaction score
Lower mileage is worth more money, but that is basically full retail price. So I guess it would really depend on how clean it is and what needs to be done.

so when talking about value, how much is KBB or any other value service taken into account? Because according to that, in perfect condition it says it is worth $4100. There has to be some medium, no?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I am basing my value on what I know Nathan sells lower mileage Disco's at and what I have bought or sold at. Nathan own a Rover shop so he gets a premium, I don't so selling out of my driveway on craigslist usually takes a hit on Market Value.

KBB or NADA is a basic, but a lot depends on supply and demand and with rovers there are not a million of them on the road so supply is low if you want a nice one.

tarheelphil

Reaction score
I am basing my value on what I know Nathan sells lower mileage Disco's at and what I have bought or sold at. Nathan own a Rover shop so he gets a premium, I don't so selling out of my driveway on craigslist usually takes a hit on Market Value.

KBB or NADA is a basic, but a lot depends on supply and demand and with rovers there are not a million of them on the road so supply is low if you want a nice one.
Makes sense. Appreciate the input

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

tarheelphil

Reaction score
Well I've done it. Bought a 2004 Disco SE in Illinois. Only has 47k miles on it. Have family out there and they have been keeping an eye out. They went and looked at it this morning for me and I just wired payment.

Black exterior and interior. Salt rust is very minimal on undercarriage. Will post pics when I get it

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the fun world of Rover ownership. Even at 47k miles I would recommend first thing is change all the fluids to make sure you know when they have been done.

tarheelphil

Reaction score
Welcome to the fun world of Rover ownership. Even at 47k miles I would recommend first thing is change all the fluids to make sure you know when they have been done.
No doubt man. Been reading up on preventative maintenance

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA