LR3 Vibrations and Lag

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kushan862

Reaction score
Hey everyone
This is my first post on this forum so here goes. 6 months ago i bought myself a 2005 LR3 V8 HSE with the HD package.

The first issue i have now is a vibration at cold start . currently it has 112k miles. Every morning when i start the car there's a vibration that shakes the whole car for a few mins and dies down as it gets warmer. I have cleaned injectors using Liqui Moly. Cleaned MAF,Throttle body and PCV valve.

Second Issue is the car feels a little laggy and steering feels like the power steering pump is low on fluid.specially when im taking turns. All this happens only when Ac is on. I took the car to a mechanic to get all freon flushed and refillled but no change.

I always use 91 octane and do regular oil changes.I removed a spark plug this morning for a checkup and they seem very clean. Has a slight red tint to it but some research led me to believe its the fuel additives.Correct me if im wrong.

Let me know what you guys think.
Im kinda stuck here.

Thanks

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay...here goes:

1. Check your Power Steering Fluid.
2. Clean your MAF Sensor
3. Clean your Throttle Body
4. Reset your adaptations
5. Buy me a beer

Kushan862

Reaction score
Okay...here goes:

1. Check your Power Steering Fluid.
2. Clean your MAF Sensor
3. Clean your Throttle Body
4. Reset your adaptations
5. Buy me a beer

I have checked all except reset adaptations.how do you reset them? unplug the battery and wait few mins?

thanks for the reply

Kushan862

Reaction score
This is what the spark plugs look like. you guys think they need changing?

Attachments

• IMG_5984.JPG
    IMG_5984.JPG
    258.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_5983.JPG
    IMG_5983.JPG
    254.7 KB · Views: 32

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ewwww....yeah I mean, change 'em. You've already gotten to them.

Resetting adaptations: Well do a search here, because I don't remember the entire thing but I think you put the key in the II position, hold down the throttle for like 10 whole seconds and then put the key in the "off" position (or all the way out) until all things turn off (about 2 min) and then they are reset.

Kushan862

Reaction score
Ewwww....yeah I mean, change 'em. You've already gotten to them.

Resetting adaptations: Well do a search here, because I don't remember the entire thing but I think you put the key in the II position, hold down the throttle for like 10 whole seconds and then put the key in the "off" position (or all the way out) until all things turn off (about 2 min) and then they are reset.

Guess i have a project for the weekend. i will try the reset procedure tonight and see how it goes.

Thanks

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV