2013 lr4 xenon part numbers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThinkDima

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm having difficulty trying to find the correct part numbers for both xenon lights for 2013 LR4 HSE. (I'd like to swap my halogens to xenons)
Some that I found show that it's not for US market, etc.

Also, does it make a difference if they are adaptive or not for the install?

Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction for the numbers and/or where I can get them, please?

Thanks!

LR4TQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are trying to go an OEM conversion, it's going to cost you an arm and leg. I would suggest going with aftermarket ones.

As for the adaptive feature, it has nothing to do with the bulb but the headlight itself so if you already have that feature, which i think it's standard, you'll have it regardless of the type of bulb.

ThinkDima

Reaction score
If you are trying to go an OEM conversion, it's going to cost you an arm and leg. I would suggest going with aftermarket ones.

As for the adaptive feature, it has nothing to do with the bulb but the headlight itself so if you already have that feature, which i think it's standard, you'll have it regardless of the type of bulb.

Yeah, prices are not for the faint of heart. Which aftermarket is popular?
Thanks!

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do not go aftermarket by installing a HID retrofit in a standard LR halogen housing. The LR halogen housing is not designed around the filament of a HID bulb and will reflect light improperly, throwing light in a substandard pattern at best, and potentially blinding oncoming drivers at worst.

See my rant on this subject around 3/4 of the way down this post here:

http://www.landroverworld.org/forums/showpost.php?p=165094&postcount=245

Halogen headlights in every vehicle, including the LR4's projectors, are designed around a specific model of halogen bulb that puts out a radial light at a single, specific point. An LED bulb is not a radial light, and therefore would not work in a halogen housing as intended by the engineers that designed it. An HID bulb puts out an arc as a light, and the same thing happens: putting an HID retrofit in a housing designed around a halogen bulb puts out a sub-optimal light pattern.

Daniel Stern, one of the preeminent automotive lighting experts, explains this in detail here (link).

You ever read other people installing HID or LED lights in their vehicles brag about how their lights are so bright that they keep getting flashed by oncoming traffic? This isn't because their lights are so bright, per se. It's because their modification has sent stray light directly into the eyes of oncoming traffic, whereas the stock bulbs projected a nice, sharp cutoff that did not.

Even if an HID retrofit or LED bulb yields a cutoff (which it might, depending on how the halogen housing was designed), they will not output light in the correct spots. Often time they shine a ton of light right in front of the vehicle, convincing the driver that they are excellent, bright bulbs, but won't shine nearly enough light further up the road where it is needed.

To paraphrase the way Daniel Stern puts it, attempting to get better night vision by installing HID lights in a halogen housing is like trying to help someone else see better by given them your prescription eyeglasses.

Last edited:

ThinkDima

Reaction score
Do not go aftermarket by installing a HID retrofit in a standard LR halogen housing. The LR halogen housing is not designed around the filament of a HID bulb and will reflect light improperly, throwing light in a substandard pattern at best, and potentially blinding oncoming drivers at worst.

See my rant on this subject around 3/4 of the way down this post here:

http://www.landroverworld.org/forums/showpost.php?p=165094&postcount=245

Yeah, i read it before, that's why i haven't pulled the trigger on it yet.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you really want HIDs, your cheapest bet will probably be to go on car-part.com and scope out salvage yards across the country.

ThinkDima

Reaction score
If you really want HIDs, your cheapest bet will probably be to go on car-part.com and scope out salvage yards across the country.

does anyone know the part number for the 2013 ones?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV