LR4 Accessories

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick Release Tow Bar LR040248
Can someone explain how this works? The brochure says it is "required for vehicles fitted with Trailer Assist option." Do they mean Tow Assist? It doesn't look like a tow bar at all, but a receiver, some sort of removable/lockable receiver. I ordered our 2015 with the Tow Package. I assume it will include a normal permanently mounted receiver with a removable bar/ball?

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick Release Tow Bar LR040248
Can someone explain how this works? The brochure says it is "required for vehicles fitted with Trailer Assist option." Do they mean Tow Assist? It doesn't look like a tow bar at all, but a receiver, some sort of removable/lockable receiver. I ordered our 2015 with the Tow Package. I assume it will include a normal permanently mounted receiver with a removable bar/ball?

All LR4's come with the hitch mount. After reading the options on the website it sounds like if you paid for the Tow Package @ $650 you should get the accessory you listed above. The quick release goes into this spot:

VPLAT0013ABP_Photo02.jpg

Once you have the accessory above you then get your hitch with a ball and insert it into the accessory.

You should never leave either of these items permanently on your vehicle.

Last edited:

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As epiclr4 said, the hitch receiver actually slips up into a slot where you see the red "filler". (That simply pulls out and you can put it away.) You then slide the hitch receiver accessory (mine is green colored) up into the slot and it locks in place. It can be removed (though the technique for doing so took me a while to figure out so you'll want the instructions) and can only be unlocked with one of the provided keys. My hitch receiver is typically on my LR4 during cycling season so I can easily throw my bike rack on but comes off if I head off road. And it stays off over the winter though I leave it in the back of the truck for whatever - with the key. It is actually very handy that it can be easily removed. As said, you don't want to be going off road with it.

GreeN YarN

Reaction score
Where do you stow this hitch? I have the 7 seat package and don't have room in the floor. The cubby hole on the left side of the vehicle doesn't look suitable for storing something like the hitch adaptor without damaging something in there.

As epiclr4 said, the hitch receiver actually slips up into a slot where you see the red "filler". (That simply pulls out and you can put it away.) You then slide the hitch receiver accessory (mine is green colored) up into the slot and it locks in place. It can be removed (though the technique for doing so took me a while to figure out so you'll want the instructions) and can only be unlocked with one of the provided keys. My hitch receiver is typically on my LR4 during cycling season so I can easily throw my bike rack on but comes off if I head off road. And it stays off over the winter though I leave it in the back of the truck for whatever - with the key. It is actually very handy that it can be easily removed. As said, you don't want to be going off road with it.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where do you stow this hitch? I have the 7 seat package and don't have room in the floor. The cubby hole on the left side of the vehicle doesn't look suitable for storing something like the hitch adaptor without damaging something in there.

I actually do store it in the upper left cubby along with a few other items (locking lug nut key, etc.) but I wrap them in a rag since I often find a rag useful when messing around underneath the truck. The rag and other items help keep it from rattling around.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually know some people who use the hitch receiver off-road. It does provide some bumper protection.

Ha! Maybe I should have had it on when I was in Moab a couple of weeks and broke part of my bumper loose! Actually, it was the far right end of the bumper so in this case wouldn't have helped. But I may look at this.

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick Release Tow Bar Stowage LR020002

The accesories listing calls this a "Hidden loadspace stowage block (for the hitch) Seven-seat vehicles only."

Hoping it is also included in my Tow Package!

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now I'm curious. I was not aware of such a thing. When I get my truck back tomorrow (in the shop having the rear bumper fixed after pulling it loose while rock crawling) I will look around and see what I can see. Maybe this is only in the MY15?

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Prodigy Rf Brake Controller compatibllity

Apologies for cross post but no replies in mail forum.
Has anyone tried this?
My Toiareg buddies have had some issues pairing because the treg's electronics turn off hitch power There is a work-around but i'm hoping the SO doesn't have to deal with that.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut