Non-LR4 Land Rover OEM wheel options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoLoaf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dudes,

Hoping you guys can help me out with an idea. Looking to score some Land Rover takeoff wheels from either craigslist or ebay. I'd like to keep the OEM profile at 255/55/19. Do you guys know if there are any wheels from say a RRS or Evoque or a full body that would work on the LR4 while keeping the OEM tire profile? It'd definitely expand my options if I could get takeoffs from something other than an LR4.

Here's an example. 19" profile, but I believe the width on these are 9" vs the LR4 OEM width of 8".

http://www.ebay.com/itm/19-INCH-201..._Car_Truck_Wheels&hash=item2597df51e2&vxp=mtr

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
19" wheels off a Sport would work as specs and clearances of that model up to MY2013 were the same as the LR3/4. The 19" alloys off a Sport may be a tad deeper (9" instead of 8") because they were designed to fit the larger Brembo calipers of the Supercharged models as well as the standard brakes common to RRS and LR3/4, but other than that they should be an exact match for the our cars, same bolt pattern and offset. 18" OEM wheels off a Sport wouldn't work on the LR4, just like 18" off an LR3, the LR4 front brakes are too large.

19" off a Mark III Range Rover 2006-2012MY should work as well in a pinch, but the offset is slightly different, 57mm vs 53 for the LR3/4. 2003-2005 MkIII Range Rovers used a different design lug nut, so you'd have to source those along with the wheels.

I believe the wheel hubs of the Evoque are a different size than RRS/LR3/4, so I would avoid those as they are most likely incompatible.

Probably best to shop for 19" RRS wheels. Any design should work on the LR4, but if you want to double check and post the link here before bidding... Those you linked above would be good, despite the 9" width.

Last edited:

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dudes,

Hoping you guys can help me out with an idea. Looking to score some Land Rover takeoff wheels from either craigslist or ebay. I'd like to keep the OEM profile at 255/55/19. Do you guys know if there are any wheels from say a RRS or Evoque or a full body that would work on the LR4 while keeping the OEM tire profile? It'd definitely expand my options if I could get takeoffs from something other than an LR4.

Here's an example. 19" profile, but I believe the width on these are 9" vs the LR4 OEM width of 8".

http://www.ebay.com/itm/19-INCH-201..._Car_Truck_Wheels&hash=item2597df51e2&vxp=mtr

I have not looked at the OEM wheel options for quite some time. Use to have a sticky note of every size and offset that would fit the LR4.

What I will tell you is Evoque wheels will not fit. Totally different lug pattern if I remember correctly. Makes sense as this along with the LR2 were basically Ford escapes made to look more attractive. I believe they are 5x108 where you need a 5x120 for the LR4/RRS/RR.

Honestly your best bet with wheels for these vehicles is OEM wheels or Compo's. I did an exhausting search for wheels and even tried to get a BMW wheel company to come up with something since BMW is the only other vehicle in America with a 5x120 lug pattern that I could find. Struggle point on that is that the OEM wheels are rated for an extremely high weight limit and nothing comes even remotely close to it from anyone else. Breaking a wheel when off-road is not a safe option.

I really was to the point where OEM 20's with oversize tires to me were the best option as most OEM wheels you can find pretty cheap on eBay if you screw them up badly enough. That and 20" wheels have a larger tire selection than 19" wheels if you are looking to really venture off-road. Just my $0.02.

Focus on offset and wheel width when looking at RRS wheels. OEM RR wheels should mostly all work fine as they are not as wide.

GoLoaf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great info guys, thanks.

Really dumb question now: If I've got 255/55/19 tires, I can mount those on either 19x8 or 19x9 wheels? No change to rolling diameter? No other implications?

And if the 19x9 wheels are deeper, do you think I'd rub at full turn?

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great info guys, thanks.

Really dumb question now: If I've got 255/55/19 tires, I can mount those on either 19x8 or 19x9 wheels? No change to rolling diameter? No other implications?

And if the 19x9 wheels are deeper, do you think I'd rub at full turn?

Tires should fit. I am on my phone and will have to look once back on a computer for the specs on stock tires but you want to look up the make of tire and make sure the tire width on a wheel is acceptable for 9's. Should be. Every manufacturer spec sheet will give you a wheel/rim width to work with each tire size.

Which tire are you looking to run?

The 19x9 wheels might rub at full lock. That's why I said to really focus on the offset. That will tell you how much more of the rim will stick inwards on the vehicle. Find a specific example of a wheel you like and I'm sure we can use a site to show you the difference and you can do rough measurements to find out.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the 19x9 came off a Sport (same offset as LR3 and LR4), you won't rub. True, the 2006-2013 Sport used to mount a marginally lower profile 19" tire than the LR4 from the factory (255/50R19 for the RRS vs 255/55R19 for the LR4), but the difference in height and section width is so negligible you won't have any issues. Plenty of RRS owners upsized a lot more than that without any rubbing whatsoever. In fact, for years Land Rover itself used to fit the good 'ole 255/55R19 Goodyear Wrangler MT/Rs on the G4 Challenge Sport with 19x9 rims, back when that tire was available.

Your 255/55R19 tire will fit a 9" wide alloy (approved rim width range for such a size should be anywhere between 7 to 9".) As the tire is "stretched" over a wider rim, your rolling diameter decreases very slightly compared to the same tire mounted over an 8" wide rim, but we are splitting hair here as the difference is, once again, going to be negligible. Neither you nor your speedo/odometer will notice.

GoLoaf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 19x9 wheels might rub at full lock. That's why I said to really focus on the offset. That will tell you how much more of the rim will stick inwards on the vehicle. Find a specific example of a wheel you like and I'm sure we can use a site to show you the difference and you can do rough measurements to find out.

I'm with you on the offset. I've done some digging, and my current wheels have a 53 offset. The wheels in the link above are also 53 (and those are the type of wheels I'd like to get). Both also have the same diameter, so I think that if I run 255/55/19 on both sets of wheels, neither would rub.

I haven't picked a tire, but let's say I wanted the Pirelli Scorpion Zero in 255/55/19. Looking at these on Tire Rack, the width range is 7" to 9.5". The RRS wheels obviously fit in that range. Looking at some other content on Tire Rack, it seems that your tire's section width will get wider as you go with a wider wheel (stands to reason). So even though my offsets will be the same, I'll still have a wider wheel, and there's probably some risk of rubbing. But that may not be an issue since I'd be using the RRS wheels for street use and would rarely be turning lock-to-lock.

Interesting!

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm with you on the offset. I've done some digging, and my current wheels have a 53 offset. The wheels in the link above are also 53 (and those are the type of wheels I'd like to get). Both also have the same diameter, so I think that if I run 255/55/19 on both sets of wheels, neither would rub.

I haven't picked a tire, but let's say I wanted the Pirelli Scorpion Zero in 255/55/19. Looking at these on Tire Rack, the width range is 7" to 9.5". The RRS wheels obviously fit in that range. Looking at some other content on Tire Rack, it seems that your tire's section width will get wider as you go with a wider wheel (stands to reason). So even though my offsets will be the same, I'll still have a wider wheel, and there's probably some risk of rubbing. But that may not be an issue since I'd be using the RRS wheels for street use and would rarely be turning lock-to-lock.

Interesting!

Sounds like you are set.

I believe if you scroll back through the Show Off Your LR4 or LR4 Accessories thread there was a guy maybe a year or 9 months ago that posted pictures of the 20" RRS wheels on his LR4 and I asked specifically if he had any rubbing. I think he said he didn't but you would have to find the correct post.

Not sure we have seen many others use them.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really think width is the least of your concerns for lock-to-lock rubbing. I have significantly larger tires than stock and the rubbing comes from the frame horns due to increased diameter only. Width has had no impact for rubbing whatsoever on my 285 width tires.

You should be absolutely fine.

Last edited:

jaamrode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can also find great deals on the 19" LR3 wheels that came on the HSE models. Most of us LR3 owners want the 18"s.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut