Battery replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

COSwede

Reaction score
I bought a used 2011 LR4 in August of last year. Odd things started happening like windows not closing with one touch, sunroof not working, car sometimes not starting, and finally not at all. Not like any other car's symptoms of a dying battery that I have had. The dealer just replaced the battery under warranty. They said it's a known issue where one or more cells begin to leak internally.

Note: I found out my warranty period started on the day the vehicle first sold not when it was manufactured! As luck would have it, that means I have a warranty until Feb 2016!!

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank goodness I don't think the clock of any warranty starts ticking from the day of manufacture... Don't give car companies ideas, though.:biggrin:

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, I think it is standard for all manufacturers that the warranty doesnt start ticking until the date of sale from the dealer. Although I think there are exceptions like demos, etc. My dealership just replaced my battery during service too. (2013 model at 2 years on the road)

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Umberto, I know I have the type of battery you put in somewhere, but just need to find it. I need to take a look, as my battery is fine, but thinking of switching it out to something better.

I want to do a bit of research to figure out the best battery that will fit.

-David

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV