LR4 reliability - let's get better info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

colorover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2015 Lux

Currently 1,200 miles

Two trips for service in the first 500 miles, both related to interference from the cooler box wiring with the signaling from suspension, traction and stability control sensors. Issue remains unsolved but LR is aware of the problem and working on a permanent fix.

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How does the cooler box work, anyway? I had assumed it just had a duct from the AC like the glove box on my Touareg.

TLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe it is a mini refrigerator. Nice to have if you go on along trips. I did not find it very useful in everyday city driving. Anyway it is a nice feature to keep drinks cold.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a thermoelectric unit, just like inexpensive, 12V portable coolers you can buy at camping supply stores. It is not a refrigerator, so it will keep cool stuff relatively cool (how cool depends on outside temperature), but won't do so well with drinks stored at room temperature.

TLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a thermoelectric unit, just like inexpensive, 12V portable coolers you can buy at camping supply stores. It is not a refrigerator, so it will keep cool stuff relatively cool (how cool depends on outside temperature), but won't do so well with drinks stored at room temperature.

Hi Umberto,
Thanks for correcting my post. I am impressed with your knowledge about our trucks and sharing it on this forum. ( so many useful info I learned from you so far).:hello:

6SpeedBowtie

Reaction score
Our 2013 LR4 just passed 44,000 miles. We purchased it new in May 2013. Thus far we had some warranty work on the driver's side mirror and the windshield wipers, but otherwise the car has been fantastic. I really hope this continues as we simply love our LR4. We're hoping to put many more miles on the vehicle, and have it around for a number of years.

This is our first Rover, and if our experience continues along this path, it won't be our last.

mkaresh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been wondering about the cooler box as well. I knew it wasn't just an AC duct. But the cheap tech described here doesn't warrant how much OEMs tend to charge for this feature (it's only offered in high-end cars as part of expensive packages).

ramajama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Umberto,
Thanks for correcting my post. I am impressed with your knowledge about our trucks and sharing it on this forum. ( so many useful info I learned from you so far).:hello:

Umbertob is very good at LR4.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA