2015 Issues anyone else?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Derman

Reaction score
Best of luck to you! Again, keep us posted.

I'm hoping for a happy ending here.

Reaction score
Ok, update time I just finished my trip which included getting the truck looked at. They hooked it up to the computers to reset things and update anything needed. On top of that they found this not starting issue seems to come from bad O2 sensors. So they replaced that and I'm happy to say no issues for the past few days :) Been -15C here and in the snow no problems, nothing like before. Glad I can put this behind me and start adding some fun accessories :proud:

Derman

Reaction score
Good news.

Might I suggest a quick road trip to California? It's 75F today in Northern California, and I'm sure it's warmer in Southern California.

Hopefully, when ours is delivered next week, I'll have nothing to post in this thread.

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Derman, did your dealer give you some notice when your LR was shipped?

Derman

Reaction score
No actual ship date, but we did receive a lot of estimates - last change date, build date, delivery date, etc. on the 'final build' sheet from the dealer. Including the order date, there were 11 dates.

Then, in TOPIx, I figured out the actual build date with my VIN and confirmed model, colors, and our one extra. That let me know it was running ahead of schedule.

We have a Friday delivery date and dealer said he'd hopefully contact us on Weds after it's left the port. He said he's get the delivery paperwork and could provide final pricing then.

To date, it's running about two weeks ahead of schedule. That said, we don't have the car yet, so that's a movable target.

phil1ben

Reaction score
Derman, I have a new LR4 we ordered due in mid-late April. I have two questions:

1. What is TOPIx. I assume it is a website but where does it gather information from. I also have my VIN.

2. Don't you already have final pricing? I agreed on a price before the order was placed.

Thanks.

Derman

Reaction score
TOPIx is a site for Land Rover and independent repair shops, but I've used it for shopping a lot - after free registration, just plug in the VIN and it will tell you options, etc. It also has service info that a repair shop would use (paid basis) - I've scanned those for known issues, since I'm paranoid about the reliability. It also has the owner's manual there, too. It's not that easy to use, but I've gotten used to it.

That's where I saw my actual build date and matched it against what the dealer gave us to figure out we were ahead of schedule.

https://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/topix/user/loginForm

On pricing, I have a price, but I just wanted final #'s (taxes, license, yada yada) and we are bolting on some parts on to it as well (roof rack, crossbars, ladders, locking lug nuts, etc.).

One other thing I've kept busy with is the Land Rover app for the iPhone - it's called quick start. It has feature descriptions and tech, etc.

We ordered this rig before the new year - can you tell I've had a lot of time to look around?

Derman

Reaction score
We got the VIN about eight weeks in, but that's only when I asked for it - I'm not sure if they had it earlier. On my 'build sheet', the first part of the VIN was listed and the dealer had the last eight digits.

They did not have the complete VIN when we put a deposit down.

phil1ben

Reaction score
I asked for the VIN about 4 weeks after I placed my order. They had it then.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV