VIN/TOPIx/Dealer # & Campaigns

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Derman

Reaction score
We have an HSE LUX on order and the dealer gave me the last 8 digits on the VIN. With that information and the first part of the VIN listed on the dealer sheet, I put the VIN # in TOPIx and came out with what I think is my wife's vehicle, but the dealer number doesn't match (P4038 on the TOPIx compared to R0360 on the build sheet).

Also, there are several 'outstanding campaigns' - does the dealer traditionally address all those prior to delivery or only if there are issues related to those campaigns at a later date?

Anyone have any experience with this?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outstanding campaigns are recalls or service actions and they all should be addressed by the dealer prior to handing the vehicle to the customer, they will clear up by the time you take the car home. If they haven't taken delivery of your vehicle yet, that dealer code is probably not the final one, and will likely be updated after they do.

Last edited:

Derman

Reaction score
Thx Umbertob - your response is much appreciated.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV