Take a wild guess..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kids sound like troopers. (I have two girls, 4 and 5)

Best of luck with the repairs. I really hope it gets fixed up like new. Don't want to see a 2013 down.

andyboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got that dash cam vid to show us?? Glad you guys are ok.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, but it needs to be edited for foul language (although it's in Italian, it's funny that after 30 years in this country I still swear in my native language...)

andyboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, but it needs to be edited for foul language (although it's in Italian, it's funny that after 30 years in this country I still swear in my native language...)

We are all adults here, no need to edit :)

ramajama

Full Access Member
Reaction score

How funny! My mom did that too! (Greek) Just a natural preference. :smile:

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Twenty-four and a half years... I go back and forth between my native language (urdu) and english.

Thank God everyone is Ok, especially the kids. Everything else can be repaired or replaced.

Did you feel the impact pretty hard inside the cabin? What speed you may have been at at the time of the impact? I am guessing all that mass/weight of LR3/4 soaks things up pretty well.

I once hit a parked large pick up truck as I was backing out of my parking spot in my LR3. The guy had just pulled up behind me literally seconds after I had gotten into my car so I never saw him before hand. I heard some metal to metal sound but almost no impact was felt inside. And I had reversed with normal speed. I got out looked at the situation and was surprised that I didn't even feel anything inside. My truck probably pushed the pick up truck a few inches over at impact, even though its transmission must have been in the Park, as its driver was already out walking around before i hit his truck. Luckily the metal Bike rack mounted on my truck at the time hit the pickup truck so there was no damage to my vehicle at all aside from some scrape marks. The pick up truck was already pretty beat up so nothing stood out and the guy was cool and it didn't bother him at all that now there were some new dents on the back of his pickup truck.

Last edited:

TLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ubmerto,
Did you hear anything form a repair shop or an insurance adjuster? I am just curious. I posted a picture of a damage to my green 2011 LR4 . Believe it or not but the very first estimate was $33,000. Once they started disassembling it, they found a damage to the frame so it was totaled. I hope your damage is not serious and it can be easily fixed.

TLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not want to hijack Umberto's thread and post more pictures but yes , this was an initial estimate.
( and no airbags were deployed)
My LR4 got a primary impact at the right headlight ( from the side) when turning left on a green arrow. Unfortunately a stupid lady in Honda Odyssey decided to run a red light. The Honda hit my LR4 at a speed of at least 45mph. ( most likely 50-55mph ). LR4 span 180* from the impact
I love how heavy and save LR4 is.:smile:

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is why I prefer driving off road. At least there the damage is my own fault. But it is good to hear from your experiences that if we do get in an "accident" (I've never liked that term - "oops, I was accidentally texting and missed the red light") at least we have substantial protection around us and our loved ones.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72