This Forum Is.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sooooo much nicer to be a part of than any of the Jeep forums. :biggrin:

I feel like there is a nice little tight nit community that has started to form here. Everyone really helps each other and never offers any sort of unwanted hassle.

Hope to be a full family member again soon! :driver:

:beer:

ramajama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Douchieness"...Its a JEEP thing.
LOL!

JK all you Jeepers in here. ;)

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I had a 2011 JGC I spent a lot of time in the forums at jeepgarage.org and it was a good group of guys; very similar to our forum here. Although there was this one Nissan Pathfinder owner who for some reason incessantly trolled us and tried to get a rise out of people. It became funny to watch him get his comeuppance and keep coming back for more.

I'm sure the tone and culture of forums ebbs and flows as people cycle in and out. I agree that this place has got a good vibe going on.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, most people here are truly glad they own an LR4 and enjoy all of it's capabilities. Despite the Land Rover image, you seldom see posts that "look down on" or criticize other brands. People are genuinely helpful and provide useful information, especially regarding problems as they come up.

Having previously owned Audis for the last 20 years, I think the people in forums vary by model. For example:

A8 forum = high-end buyers that discuss luxury features and dealer service
S4 forum = Enthusiasts that have memorized the shop manual and know the correct torque for most of the bolts on the car.
allroad forum - Probably the best group of helpful people ever, as we all struggled to keep these unique vehicles running forever. Too bad they were only brought to the US 2001-2005. After owning a 2002 & 2004, the closest thing I could find was the LR3 - (V8, air suspension, lots of space for family, gear & dog)

BlueOvalConvert

Reaction score
I am also a former allroad owner (2004, 4.2L) and agree that the quattroworld forum was the nicest and most helpful forum group experienced to date.

I have only been here for 6 months but I see the same helpfulness and responsiveness from this group.

Glad to be here.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only other forum I have been a part of that was as good as this one was the AEV Forum when I had my JKUR. Everyone there was all getting there around the same time and learned from each other. Couple guys built some really amazing Jeeps and it was all in good fun.

ramajama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All kidding aside...If I am a participant on a forum, its a quality forum. I am a man of MANY interests and I have been an active enthusiast forum participant from the beginning of enthusiats forums. I can not express the gratitude I have for the help and info I have recieved for my pursuits over the years. I have found that its a bit of a gamble on what you are gonna get due to the sheer numbers of forums. I **** them out fairly quickly and settle into the good ones. I dont suffer fools on forums or foolish forums, its a waste of my time. I'm quite sure there are some greaat Jeep forums as well as some bad ones. BUT there are just some forums that attract a certain type of people due to the exclusivity of the forum subject mater. You usually have to wade thrrough a pile of crap when it comes to forums with subject matter that has more of a mass appeal but you do eventually find a "home" and those are great to find.

amneme1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am very fortunate to own an LR4 and appreciate the feedback here, no trolls, and no flaming. I am also a part of a few Volvo forums for my XC70, and Miata.net which is a super informative forum. Things I would change here:

A few dealer sponsors which may offer us a discount.
More fix it yourself threads
More action in the classifieds
Perhaps some regional clubs or meets
A thread which showcases popular trails driven with feedback
Performance enhancements thread besides the occasional resonator delete

Other than that, I like it here very much. It's a great place to be

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Things I would change here:

A few dealer sponsors which may offer us a discount.
More fix it yourself threads
More action in the classifieds
Perhaps some regional clubs or meets
A thread which showcases popular trails driven with feedback
Performance enhancements thread besides the occasional resonator delete

Other than that, I like it here very much. It's a great place to be

Great suggestions amneme1. Re DIY, I would especially enjoy a complete walkthrough of a rear brake job from a trusted fellow forum member. I've seen some decent videos especially the one by Atlantic British but I'm still hesitant. More trail reports and regional meets are also good ideas.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72