Crankcase breather & Air Filter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

santanaman

Reaction score
I have a 200 TDI in my LandRover....currently, I have the hose that goes from my crankcase breather to my air filter housing. I have seen where folks have removed the breather hose going to the air filter and replaced it with a high quality washable screen filter instead. I see them on Amazon, Paddocks, etc..Has anyone ever tried this?

Whoever installed this 200 TDI (before I bought it) incorrectly arranged a lot of stuff in the engine bay. I.e...currently my air filter housing literally blocks my oil dipstick. Any ideas on how to re-arrange that? Different type of filter assy perhaps?

Finally, I have seen where some people put a vent tube on their oil cap on the rocker cover and some that don't. Is it necessary?

Thanks!
Cameron

Reaction score
I have a 200 TDI in my LandRover....currently, I have the hose that goes from my crankcase breather to my air filter housing. I have seen where folks have removed the breather hose going to the air filter and replaced it with a high quality washable screen filter instead. I see them on Amazon, Paddocks, etc..Has anyone ever tried this?

Whoever installed this 200 TDI (before I bought it) incorrectly arranged a lot of stuff in the engine bay. I.e...currently my air filter housing literally blocks my oil dipstick. Any ideas on how to re-arrange that? Different type of filter assy perhaps?

Finally, I have seen where some people put a vent tube on their oil cap on the rocker cover and some that don't. Is it necessary?

Thanks!
Cameron

Hi Cameron

With my 200tdi 90 in the uk i am running with a snorkel but without an air filter and have run the breather hose that normally runs from the breather to the air filter where it would go to the air filter i have run it down the side of the engine to atmosphere, i do plan to fit an air filter but struggling to decide what to go for :smile:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA