Cracked Dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sjh

Reaction score
I have a 2005 LR3 SE and am experiencing cracks on the left and right sides of the dashboard. My vehicle is garage kept and though I've searched, I've not located a recall from LR. Given the cost of this vehicle, it is very disappointing to experience such a cosmetically obvious flaw. I can only wonder what my LR dealer will say, and how much they will devalue the vehicle when I attempt to trade in at some point... when I bought it, it was the best on the road!

nashvegas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you send pics of the dash?

SAME PROBLEM on my 2005 HSE. I have one very very tiny crack on the left hand side by the side window defroster vent. Dealer said "no big deal, normal" but then my warranty expired (although they documented it, I made them).

If you had pics, would love to see.

BldrRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this covered under the LR or Ford extended warranty???

sjh

Reaction score
I don't have pictures, but mine started as a small crack, and expanded to both the driver and passenger sides within a year. I've not experienced it with any other vehicle I've owned (this is my 3rd rover) and am quite dismayed at the flaw. RR nor Ford seems to be willing to acknowledge the problem.

quartzsand

Reaction score
I also have a 2005 LR3 HSE. My dash cracks have been growing over the past 2 years. My girlfriend has a 2007 Lexus RX350. Her dash is also experiencing cracks. Lexus is replacing the dash for all RX350 owners with cracking under a warranty extension until 2017. as per their letter, "At Lexus we are dedicated to providing vehicles of outstanding quality and value." Does Landrover care to step up and offer similar level of quality?

trickblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also have a 2005 LR3 HSE. My dash cracks have been growing over the past 2 years. My girlfriend has a 2007 Lexus RX350. Her dash is also experiencing cracks. Lexus is replacing the dash for all RX350 owners with cracking under a warranty extension until 2017. as per their letter, "At Lexus we are dedicated to providing vehicles of outstanding quality and value." Does Landrover care to step up and offer similar level of quality?

Don't hold your breath...

I ended up buying a really nice dash cover, not one of those cheap looking carpet ones. I've gotten lots of compliments on it and the interior stays cooler on hot days...

99p38a

Reaction score
Send the link to your nice one please!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA