Need chassis numbers help, please!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cocobills

Reaction score
I have a 79 Series III with an interior data plate that checks with Chiltons for year model. The problem is that the number on all my paperwork and inscribed on the chassis itself corresponds to a 1955 RH drive that I don't think ever left England. This car was assembled in Costa Rica new, lived there its whole life, but the numbers don't make sense to me or local DMV. Anybody ever see anything like this, your input would be priceless! [email protected]

hillbilly

Reaction score
chiltons is worthless for kits

what you most likely have is a Santana slll CDK complete nock down kit all series rovers shipped into costa rica were cdk,s only about 40%
were british built trucks the others where manufactured in spain under license by land rover, over the years since importation of cdk kits was halted by the cr government the remaining stock of trucks have been piece mealed together to keep them running,the lack of a steady supply of parts has added to the mix match of vin numbers

hillbilly

Reaction score
If the 11th digit of the chassis/VIN number I a F you have a british built CDK for world wide distribution hope this helps im in cartago and have owned rovers here for over ten years shoot me a pm if u need any more help cheers joe

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA