Resetting Your Power Windows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The auto raise function for my driver side window stopped working some time last week. A quick press would lower the window all the way down but the reverse was not true. I had to hold the button up the whole time.

So over the phone my service tech explained how to reset/reprogram the windows. Here is what he had me do (if I can remember it correctly.)

Lower the window all the way manually.
Then manually raise the window for about 2-3 secs and stop.
Then manually raise the window all the way to the top and stop.
Then manually raise the window (actually just hold the button up as the window can't raise further) for 2-3 secs.

That did it. My window was working normally after that. Thought I would pass it on.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can simply hold the button up for a couple seconds, with window rolled up, until you hear a faint click. No need to lower the window or go thru this long procedure.
It works for all 4 windows the same and you will need to do it if your truck fully resets itself or you play around too much with the IIDTool ;)

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can simply hold the button up for a couple seconds, with window rolled up, until you hear a faint click. No need to lower the window or go thru this long procedure.
It works for all 4 windows the same and you will need to do it if your truck fully resets itself or you play around too much with the IIDTool ;)

Good to know! Obviously much simpler than what I wa told.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That did it. My window was working normally after that. Thought I would pass it on.

Thanks Dan, I had to reset my windows after disconnecting my battery yesterday. This tip did the trick.

Incidentally, I d/c the battery as a troubleshooting step for my keyfob/unlocking glitch. Unfortunately it didn't help and I've got a call into my indy shop now.

Ben Myton

Reaction score

I know this thread is old, but I'm bumping it to add a big thank-you! This worked perfectly and saved me ordering a new window relay.

jpjp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else have to reset their window every 5 or so times it goes down?

Austin G

Reaction score
Does anyone else have to reset their window every 5 or so times it goes down?
My 2012 LR4 seems to get irritable if I hold the button, either up or down, and then refuse to AUTO either way. If I just click it quickly and let it roll down/up on its own, the AUTO will continue to work.

Drove me crazy the first few months trying to get the hang of it.

aztris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wanted to bump this. Changed my battery recently and lost all the one touch window features. It was driving me crazy, then I found this thread. Problem solved!

964 Buddy

Reaction score
More thanks for this post! This saved what I’m sure would have been an expensive stop at the mechanic.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV