06 LR3 SE Brake Advice???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

c3c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need to find some good brakes for front and rear. I've used the British Atlantic package for 400.00. I ran them for about 60K miles but had lots of brake dust and squeaks. Looking for pads, rotors, sensors and other parts to change out brakes. Any suggestions????

waspjr123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yganybav.jpg

I just put drilled and slotted rotors all 4 corners and ceramic pads for low dust i just beveled the sides of the pads more for less squeek ing didnt come with sensors but those are dummy lights anyways. It was about 400.00 so far so good
Also when doing your brakes use a products like posi quiet on the back off the pads it will help maintain contact and wont vibrate this and beveled edges is why pads squeek well that and if you have glazed the crap out of them

Last edited:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that a 20" rim on an LR4 or something? ...22?

waspjr123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its a 22" and we have our lr3 just for town driving because i have a new Bourn so our f350 that has 37" tires and 12" lift is a pita to lift baby into and my bush rig bronco 2 on a 1ton chasis and drive train with 36" super swamper boggers are for off roding if you are meaning why i have chrome on my lr3

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah that's what I meant....but what about that mudflap; it looks like it's the same color as the body making me think it was an LR4. Custom job?

I'd love to see pics of that Bronco II. I used to have one of those in high school and college. I hated it but looking back, if I had money I bet I could've made it into a sweet trail rig.

Sorry to jack the thread!

waspjr123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I painted all the lowers zamibizi silver i wasnt a fan of the black plastic reminded me of Rubbermaid so i striped it all and painted it i like it now. Just was like a face lift kinda.
dy9emadu.jpg

Thats the only one i have handy
ty4ybede.jpg

And sorry for the thread jack too

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...be interesting to see how your LR3 compares to your B2 off-road. I regard my LR3 as the most competent 4x4 I've ever owned.

Of course, some wheel/tire choices would have to be re-visited before this showdown occurred. :)

Mx468

Full Access Member
Reaction score
akebono pads

I've been using akebono ceramic pads on my LR3 and put about 23000 miles on them and no brake dust. They wear really well and last a long time... so far.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV