Safety Recall P050 - Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the VIN range, many late build 2013s and 2014s should be affected (mine is an early build 2013 and not included in the recall.) Note that MY13s affected will also require replacement of all wheel sensors, MY14s only a reconfiguration of the TPMS software. Link:

https://app.box.com/s/iov5jpuqq9uu4fwqx9a0

Last edited:

TLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Umberto
I have checked my VIN and this does not apply to my 2013 LR4.
BTW.since tpms is mandatory on new cars in the USA it would be more practical to have indirect TPMS , which uses ABS sensor. No need for rebuild kit when changing tires and one less electronic gadget to worry about.
What is the point of land rover direct tpms since it does not show numeric value of tire pressure?

JotaDe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just after; EA727525 - MY14 built in Jun-Aug.
Thanks for the heads up.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Umberto
I have checked my VIN and this does not apply to my 2013 LR4.
BTW.since tpms is mandatory on new cars in the USA it would be more practical to have indirect TPMS , which uses ABS sensor. No need for rebuild kit when changing tires and one less electronic gadget to worry about.
What is the point of land rover direct tpms since it does not show numeric value of tire pressure?

I think it does - starting with MY2014s. :mad:

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless the guys at GAP come up with a way of enabling the TPMS display in the Service Menu with IIDTool, I wouldn't hold my breath for Land Rover to add that feature.

Soda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just saw the "TPMS System Fault" warning briefly one day last week on my '14! My VIN is in the recall range. Thanks for the heads up. Love this forum!

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had my MY14 (April build) in last week for the 15K checkup. They told me about this recall. They said it was still in the works and that I would get a letter. Sorry, I should have passed this on. I've been too busy to be on the forum the past few weeks.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA