New Battery and Now Service Reminder?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXLR4

Reaction score
About a week ago, OEM battery gave out. Got it jumped and over to the dealer (still under warranty) for a new battery. Had it replaced and back on the road. Have about 36,*** miles on it now, just had annual service done in September (oil change). Now, conveniently after I have it in there, I get a "Service Due in 1800 miles" pop up every time. Could something have been out of whack or reset during with the new battery? Really hate to take it all the way back in just to have a light turned off...

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I doubt the two issues are related. Perhaps the dealer forgot to reset the service indicator when they serviced the car in September.

TXLR4

Reaction score
I was a little off on timing...it was there in June. Regardless, I called and asked. Service rep said he's had computer glitches like that happen before and mentioned some sort of recall for that. All you do is have them reset it and go along, but be mindful of when the next service needs to be performed...soooo, off we go back to the dealer!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut