How can you tell if an LR4 has the Vision Assist Package?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

snowmants

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am in the market for a used LR4 --probably 2012+. Looking at the used vehicles online it is nearly impossible to tell if they are equipped with the vision assist package or not. Dealers and sellers often either don't know what packages the cars have, or don't list them accurately.

What I would be interested in knowing are what are the visual cues I could look for in sellers' photos that would tell me if a particular LR4 is equipped with the vision assist package? (Ie. are there additional buttons that a similar vehicle without the package wouldn't have, extra exterior sensors that can be seen in photos..?).

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can give!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RBA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Camera lens under side mirrors? Good luck seeing that in the typical seller's picture.

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also look for cameras on the front bumper (on the black area on either side of the license plate). They look something like the park sensors but slightly bigger, not flushed against the bumper, and with a tiny lens in the middle of each circular piece.

snowmants

Reaction score
This is good info! Thanks guys. Any other distinguishing features inside the car perhaps?

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is good info! Thanks guys. Any other distinguishing features inside the car perhaps?

Inside the car, you can look for the graphic "Camera" button on the user interface on the main Nav Screen. It should appear when you hit the physical "Home" Button next to the volume knob. If the "Cameras" soft button does not appear than look for it in the setup menus.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2012-13s with Vision Assist should also sport a noticeable extra "chin" under the rear view mirror mount, housing the Auto High Beam Assist camera.

PeterA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW, when I began my search for a MY2013, the salesman at my local dealer told me its very rare to fine the Vision Assist on an HSE, or base model.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you catch a glimpse of the side mirrors there should be a little logo in the upper outer corners of the side mirror. It will look like a fuzzy spot.

rovernut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
set up a TOPIX account and run the VIN and it will give you all the options (it takes a little decoding to understand them bu thtye should show up).

Vytec

Reaction score
Does anyone know if this is a factory install option only or can you install after purchase? I recently purchased a 2014 LR4 that had tons of options, but that unfortunately wasn't one of them. I'd love to add it if it can be done.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA