NAS Recall P39 - 2010-2013 Emissions / Engine Malfunction Lamp illuminated

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This fairly obscure recall popped up on TopiX a couple of days ago, if you own a 2010-13, chances are you are affected. Check your VIN with the indicated range to make sure. Like all recalls, you are likely to receive a notice from your dealer in the mail about it, and the service will be performed at no charge upon your next visit to the dealer, whether you are still covered by factory warranty or not. In California you will also get a nice Certificate of Completion, isn't that nice.

https://app.box.com/s/b41dbui3dir8sccbhr4w

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This fairly obscure recall popped up on TopiX a couple of days ago, if you own a 2010-13, chances are you are affected. Check your VIN with the indicated range to make sure. Like all recalls, you are likely to receive a notice from your dealer in the mail about it, and the service will be performed at no charge upon your next visit to the dealer, whether you are still covered by factory warranty or not. In California you will also get a nice Certificate of Completion, isn't that nice.

https://app.box.com/s/b41dbui3dir8sccbhr4w

Brought the vehicle in today for oil change (quoted price was crazy, I declined) and had a bunch of recalls done (including this one I think) but now Certificate for me here in socal. Should I ask the them?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably, as the tester may request a copy when you go through your first smog check in a year or two (although they should also apply a sticker in the engine compartment.) But considering the recall was issued by LRNA just last Friday, I'd be very surprised if they had already performed it on yours, double check your paperwork to see if it mentions bulletin / recall # P039.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure I got this yesterday when I was in. They told me that they have to pull the updates from the internet each time they do them (no more DVD based updates) so you should get the latest software if you go in.

It is interesting to me that they say to put a hold on vehicles until they have this.

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably, as the tester may request a copy when you go through your first smog check in a year or two (although they should also apply a sticker in the engine compartment.) But considering the recall was issued by LRNA just last Friday, I'd be very surprised if they had already performed it on yours, double check your paperwork to see if it mentions bulletin / recall # P039.

Yeap, it says "P039 ENGINE MIL ILLUMINATED".

Service advisor brought it up to my attention as soon as he put my information on his computer. But I never got anything in the mail informing me about the recall, I only found out when I visited the dealership.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, like I said the bulletin was just issued last Friday, so not enough time to send out notices or even order the necessary forms for us in California I guess. Get that compliance letter when your dealer has it and keep it in your glove box, I get the feeling it might be required to pass smog checks for our LR4s in the future.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, like I said the bulletin was just issued last Friday, so not enough time to send out notices or even order the necessary forms for us in California I guess. Get that compliance letter when your dealer has it and keep it in your glove box, I get the feeling it might be required to pass smog checks for our LR4s in the future.
I just made an appointment yesterday for 15 August. My service guy said he just saw the bulletin and had a stack of certificates for CA to give out as well once it's complete.

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just received my truck back from the 2yr service and they did campaigns Q361 (heated windshield fuse) and P039. I didn't see a certificate though.Just a CA thing?

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just received my truck back from the 2yr service and they did campaigns Q361 (heated windshield fuse) and P039. I didn't see a certificate though.Just a CA thing?
Yep, I think it's only in CA.

SC_BLACKOUT

Reaction score
I went to my local "Land Rover" dealership to check out a possible warranty issue with my 2012 Range Rover (17,000 miles) and I was turned away since the change of ownership was never made with Land Rover. After a email I sent to them they informed me of this recall. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407555851.780753.jpg

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV