Transmission Fluid DIY?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikecsa

Reaction score
Anyone did this themselves yet and have some input?

Also, for those using the DIY Oil Change info you might want to consider switching to doing a drain from the plug underneath occasionally because I found a very small oil leak while doing a change that the dealer hadn't seen before on this model...

Thanks
Mike

Izzyandsue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not done it, will probably do after 50K miles. I do have instructions from a British shop manual, seems simple enough. I do it often on cars that go to the racetrack, and always do the "measure and replace the same amount" method.
Keep in mind you can not replace 100% of the Trans fluid, as some will be left in the cooler. Unless someone here has figured out how to do the full flush by disconnecting the oil cooler return line....
Let me know if you want the PDF file, send me a pm

Izzyandsue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By the way, some info on the manual, not sure what ATF this would be

"Automatic Transmission/Transaxle - V8 5.0L Petrol/TDV6 3.0L Diesel - Maintenance
CAUTION: Use only Shell M1375.4 Automatic transmission fluid. Use of any other fluids may result in a transmission
malfunction or failure.

Description Intervals:

Normal maintenance Filled for life. Severe duty maintenance Change the fluid at 48,000 km (30,000 miles) intervals.

Capacities:
Liters Transmission 9.9

Transmission fluid Shell M1375.4"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV