Explorer Sport has arrived

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://www.interactivelandrover.com/discovery_sport/DisplayRelease.php?itemID=758

One of the sales head at the dealership mentioned to me yesterday that designers from Ford migrated with LR as the TATA acquisition took place. Maybe we are seeing the fruit of that in the form of this breathtaking fresh design philosophy.

While they are at it, they might as well crush the rear roof line down to the rear bumper hight, whats the hold up there? Oh, also don't forget to merge both sides' rear quarter panels down to a single point at the tail end to create that "bowing effect" as McGovern termed it for the FFRR in one of those PR videos, then you'll have to put only one tail light assembly/bulbs bringing the cost down. So what if the rear end looks ugly as hell like the FFRR, it will be a major improvement in aerodynamics.

Keep it up LR! Keep diluting the brand and keep making your lineup to look more and more like that toyota highlander or Rav4, etc. Make 'em look like Hyundai to your heart' content, just dont expect me to bring my business back to you by just showing me all that eye candy of electronics wizardry.

Last edited:

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow. . .If that's the new LR5 (or whatever they are going to call it), it's horrid.

EDIT: I see that it's the freelander replacement. Makes more sense.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never cared for the design of the current generation LR2 much. I am liking this one more.

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't figure out who buys the LR2. Maybe the dealers heavily discount it, but in the $40K range, it seems way overpriced for what you get.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's always been far more popular in Europe, due to its compact size and relatively low running costs. Plus, it is by far the most reliable car Land Rover makes, according to several techs I talked to.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA