2002 Freelander SE - Antenna Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

E

ecmoney

Hey Guys,
I just bought a 2002 Freelander SE last month and so far so good. I love the truck, only thing I hate is that damn long antenna. Has anyone replaced their original antenna for a shorter antenna? I can't fit the truck in my garage because of the antenna and even when parking in underground parking lots, the antenna hits most of the time. I was thinking of buying an antenna off eBay as there are several different antenna's for sale for the Freelander which are much smaller, just wanted to see if anyone else has done this or had much success.
Thanks,
EC

fisherman

Reaction score
Hey EC,

Let me know what you find and let me know if it works out, as I am also looking to replace that whip. I saw some billet looking ones on ebay but I think it is all looks.

Ted

RDM3

Reaction score
fisherman said:
Thanks for the link, hows the reception compared to the original?

I didn't have any issues with the on I have

R

Rejjie

I swapped mine for the one off my wifes Nissan Almera. The reception is just as good and it doesn't scrape or get in the way when the roof bars are on!

E

ecmoney

I ended up putting on a Honda s2000 antenna. It is small, looks great, and the reception is actually much better than the original 4 foot beast that Land Rover gives you.
I am more than happy, if you have any issues...go to your nearest Honda dealership and purchase the s2000 antenna. Perfect fit!

JoesLRF

Reaction score
I bought a cheapy universal antenna from Walmart and had to trim the stud, but... all in all, works fine

tfmmai

Reaction score
How do I adjust the antenna up and down on a 2003 Freelander? It is stuck in the up position and will not budge.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA