low coolant in 2015 LUX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

billj214

Reaction score
I have the service manual that is decent with photos and torque specs etc. Hardest part is refilling coolant and removing air.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Davidinseattle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
quick update. Dealer pressure tested the system and no leaks. They said it was just barely below the sensor and likely a trapped air bubble in the system that worked its way out causing a perceived drop in fluid. So, they topped it off.

As an added bonus the Service Advisor that I worked with b4 who ran a 1/4 tank of my fuel on the stop/start repair attempt a few months back is not longer there so I didn't have to deal with that dipstick.

billj214

Reaction score
Good news, if you do have a leak you would see a puddle on top of your lower skid plate.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
quick update. Dealer pressure tested the system and no leaks. They said it was just barely below the sensor and likely a trapped air bubble in the system that worked its way out causing a perceived drop in fluid. So, they topped it off.

As an added bonus the Service Advisor that I worked with b4 who ran a 1/4 tank of my fuel on the stop/start repair attempt a few months back is not longer there so I didn't have to deal with that dipstick.

Yup. As I mentioned, same thing happened to me. I've been fine for several months and thousands of miles.

ajazs77

Reaction score
had a similar problem on my 2014 LR4, the problem was loose connection at rad fan motor connector which worked intermittently causing coolant loss with no tell tale signs. the dealer tech was a smart one who corrected the connection after that its all fine.

jpjp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my '11 pump replaced last year under warranty. Took it to indy for some service a couple months ago and he said the coolant was a little low and added a liter. He says he sees a liter or 2 drop pretty often, and not to worry especially if you have a brand new pump.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my '12 as a CPO vehicle this past January, with about 42k miles on it. I could see in its service history that the water pump had been replaced once.

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like they have a bad batch of water pumps. My 2012 HSE has its replaced this year. I was getting low coolant beforehand. I guess the lesson is that if you have a car under warranty and you are getting low coolant to have them check the water pump.

billj214

Reaction score
I don't thinks it's actually the pump but a problem with the seal to the oil cooler, it's a rubber grommet which is just poor design. Any rubber sitting at 200c will only last so long then it shrinks and leaks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA