2012 LR4 18,000 miles replacing the breaks myself.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had multiple German cars and the pads and disks have always had to be changed at the same time. Getting away with two sets of pads for every set of disks sounds great to me.

To be fair, the wear rate is high on the pads and parts are expensive, so I am glad that is the case.

Also, I am at 20.5k with 80%+ in-town driving and will need rear pads soon, but no light yet.

Georgemera1

Reaction score
At the end I brought my LR4 to the Landrover dealer and they said I will need to have the car replaced the brake pads and rotors front and back, almost $ 2,200.00 everything plus the complete service $ 840.00 all including tax.

Georgemera1

Reaction score
Very bad news about my car, I will update about later tonight tomorrow.

Last edited:

amneme1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My stealership wants to charge $800 for the back which includes sensors. I'm wondering about the quality of EBC vs OEM since I desperately need rears done

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It really is worth doing yourself. It is a pretty simple job.

I do kinda feel bad saying that given the OPs situation. I have had good luck with my dealer, but because they do all the work behind closed doors you really never know for sure how they do the job. Just the stress that the OP is going though now is a cost in itself.

amneme1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I watched a vid re LR3 replacement. It seems very simple but this guy used akebono which I have used on my Volvo. Any thoughts?

billj214

Reaction score
Yes I've used akebono as well, good pads and lots of good reviews. I personally prefer EBC but only Yellow stuff since green will squeel, they have excellent customer service. Also if you have an I independent European shop nearby they are much cheaper then stealership.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi