Wiper Blade change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the SO calls this am from 800 muiles away reporting that her wipers (2015 LR4) are shredding. I did mention she might RTFM but said I would enquire here how difficult changing blades was. If tricky I'll send her to the stealer. If easy I'll have Rocklin send some over.

mpinco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Send her to the local Advanced Auto / Autozone / Pep Boy's / ...... They change them for free. Well, as long as you buy them there.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's very easy, they are regular J-hooks. Just press or lift the retaining tab slightly to release the old ones and pull them back on the arm to remove them, then slide the new ones in the same way, until they click in place. It helps to be tall (the driver's side especially is a reach if you are short) but it's only tricky if you have never replaced a wiper blade before. Most replacement blades include instructions on the box anyway, just make sure you get models compatible with J hooks if you have a choice of attachments. The rear one is a tad more challenging because of the built-in cover limiting clearances.

Last edited:

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you remove the old wiper blade and leave the wiper arm in the upright position, be careful not to bump it. If you do, the metal arm may release from the upright position and hit the windshield. Then you may have to buy a new windshield.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72