So General Grabbers, anything I'm missing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bonz

Reaction score
I'm about to pull the trigger on some tires after googling the subject exhaustively.

I think I'm going to get the general grabbers, 285/60/r18, including a spare.

Is there anything I'm missing? I do not have any lift, but from what I've read these should fit with minimal rubbing. Just don't want any surprises with anything, including fit, performance etc... So speak up if you have any info,I could use.

jaamrode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just as a warning the spare will have to be deflated to fit in the wheel well. So you will have to carry a compressor with you at all times unless you move your spare somewhere else.

bonz

Reaction score
Just as a warning the spare will have to be deflated to fit in the wheel well. So you will have to carry a compressor with you at all times unless you move your spare somewhere else.

Yep. Was aware of that. Ill take portable compressor suggestions while I'm at it...

jaamrode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I carry mine in the foot well for the third row seat. The 90p would work just not nearly as fast. If you are just carrying it for the spare not a big deal but when you are airing up all four tires after a trail run the time really adds up.

Crunchy When Wet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check out tirerecappers . com, I got my MT tires from them $118 each (BF Goodrich), but my rig is also 95%off road use, so if you are afraid of retreaded tires stay away, if not they are a great deal.

bonz

Reaction score
Thanks, but my ratio is about the opposite of yours.

Still have not done anything yet. My schedule hasn't given me the opportunity to. I just don't know if I want to pay a premium for BFGs over the grabbers.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV