Homelink Nightmare!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone trouble programing their Homelink to the garage door opener? I can program my 2010 LR4 in two seconds, but I can't program my wifes 2011 LR2 to save my life. I followed the owners manual instructions to the T but with no results! My dealership offered to bring to my house a 2011 with home link to verify that is the truck and not "me"!!! I think that is great service but I have to wait until the 2011 loaners are available for that. Any ideas?

Last edited:

John S

Reaction score
Reverse problem.

I have a new series homelink system that cannot be synchronized with my wife's 2010 LR4. The homelink website only lists LR4 from 2011 on for compatibility. From this I would hope my 2011 RR will work. Are there actual differences between the 2010 and 2011 homelink systems installed in LR models? Can they be upgraded?

howardduff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had problems with a new garage door opener that has the revolving codes. You had to press all three buttons in the car until the light stopped blinking and was solid.

Then you had to press the button on the opener and within 30 seconds press the homelink button in the car until it stopped blinking. I finally got it to work. I had to get on the garage door opener website to find this out.
This was on a 2014 LR2 and a 2015 LR4 both worked the same.

david426

Reaction score
I was able to program my 2011. I followed the directions that were in my handbook for openers with "rolling codes" which required me to push a button on the garage door opener motor housing.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA