Suggestions for Tires 20" Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jafrindt

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Please forgive me if this is already answered somewhere. I am a new LR4 owner and new to the forums. I have a 2011 HSE LUX. It has the accessory 20" from the factory.

Tire size 255 50 R20

Prefer something all-season and maybe something with a bit more rugged look.

What are the enthusiasts suggesting?

:ahhhhh:

namenda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Nitto Terra Grapplers 265/50R20

Attachments

• LR4 Tires.jpg
    LR4 Tires.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 131

Ryby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those 265s don't rub at all? Looks like you have spacers? I have those same wheels and yours seem to come out further than mine.

jafrindt

Reaction score
Those 265s don't rub at all? Looks like you have spacers? I have those same wheels and yours seem to come out further than mine.

What he said :dito:

I think that looks exactly like what I am going for as long as it doesn't rub or affect speedo. I had an H2 in another lifetime that I put bigger tires on and the affect was zero as long as you didn't go past a certain tire width or height.

So does it rub? Does 265 55 r20 fit without spacers? Whats the biggest tire people are using without rub? Obviously without modification.

namenda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No rubbing at all, and I don't have spacers or lift rods. Tire diameter is 31.5". I was told that 32" is the maximum diameter before rubbing occurs. It only appears that the tire sticks out from the angle the photo was taken.

jafrindt

Reaction score
Anything with a larger diameter from stock will affect the speedo. It isn't very much below a 33" tire, but it will.

This will help:
http://www.onlineconversion.com/bigger_tires.htm

Get the IID tool or have your dealer turn on the digital speedo readout, that helps immensely.

:adore: Thanks for this..."IID tool" glad to now know this exists. I will now own one.

No rubbing at all, and I don't have spacers or lift rods. Tire diameter is 31.5". I was told that 32" is the maximum diameter before rubbing occurs. It only appears that the tire sticks out from the angle the photo was taken.

So 265 55 R20 will be the tire size i use then. Prolly the exact tire....on the exact color LR4...and I have those exact wheels...Hahaa hope you don't live near Cleveland, OH :aetsch:

Ryby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well Namenda said he was running 265/50/20. 55s may be a bit too much.

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been running the Falken ZIEX S/TZ05 in 265/50/20 size for 2 years. No complaints although they are more of a street tire than the Cooper LTZ or Nitto's above.

IMG_1626.jpg

image32_edited-1.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA