Lr3 sold in parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigvalpasha

Reaction score
I recently purchased a LR3 2007 HSE with 57,000 miles.
So far so good, and I’m really enjoying the truck (planning to take it off road this weekend).
I recently spotted a LR3 2006 in a junk yard and was wondering which pieces shall I purchase, as an insurance for future break ups.

On my list I have contemplated the air compressor and the right bearing which in my truck has a slight wiggling (as told by the tire dealer since I don’t feel anything while driving).

Any thoughts of what else should I bid for?

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Air struts, tie rod ends, control arms (if they are fresh), EPB actuator, differentials (if they are fresh, but there is no way of knowing), wheels.

Greg9504

Reaction score
The rear bearing is pressed in, and fairly cheap new. You would have to take the whole rear knuckle, as you'll destroy the bearing removing it. While the bearing is cheap, the labour to replace it will be high. You might as well do the rear brakes at the same time. Look up how to properly do the rear parking brake before starting the job.

kingfishgrapeja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
shoot there's ones on there for $99 now. I bought a cheap bearing from a supplier out of Michigan a few years ago and it lasted me a year.. maybe. If you are doing the labor yourself it might be worth the gamble otherwise OEM is likely the best bet.

That being said, I may try one of the $99 for the other side. but for 200 just pay the xtra 60 or so for oem.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wheel bearing, get a Timken or SKF. Wouldn't trust anything else, Timken is the OE. You can get a Timken for $155 on rockauto.com .

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut