Dash Cam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisdal

Reaction score
I am trying to wire a dash cam into my 2010 Freelander 2 (UK model). The kit I am using requires that I tap into a switched power source in the passenger bay fuse box using a fuse tap cable. When I use the cable I discover that all fuses are live even with the ignition switched off. I am using fuses such as tail gate wiper, windscreen washer, and others that should only be live when the ignition is on. Can you suggest what I am doing wrong.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
This may sound stupid, but do these items work with the key off as well?

chrisdal

Reaction score
This may sound stupid, but do these items work with the key off as well?

Hi Joey

No the items are all those which only activate when the ignition is on such as the tailgate wiper, washer etc.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
If the fuse is live and the don't work unless the key is on, then something sounds odd. Of course this is a Rover and things could be live yet still go through another fuse to turn on. I would try to find another source for power. The Mirror is usually a good source for keyed power.

chrisdal

Reaction score
If the fuse is live and the don't work unless the key is on, then something sounds odd. Of course this is a Rover and things could be live yet still go through another fuse to turn on. I would try to find another source for power. The Mirror is usually a good source for keyed power.

Many thanks I may need to route to one of the other fuse boxes and try the mirror fuse.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Depending on where you mount the dash cam, if mounting up the window near the top, try to wire it right into the mirror connections

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrhick