Front end Knock (rattle/clunk) noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This has been known issue with LR3. I tried really hard to get it pin pointed and fixed at various dealers but to no avail. Several parts in the front suspension were changed under warranty, including steering column, control A arms, and the sway bar (with revised bushings), but the knock or rattle feel is still there.

I have really enjoyed my LR3 but this one thing has plagued the driving experience.

I wonder if this has been fixed in LR4, or someone here has experienced it again with their LR4. I am interested in finding out because before i drop a big chunk of cash into purchasing my new car (LR4), i'd want to make sure that there are no known issues now as far as the front end.

The knock/rattle/clunk noise (felt thru steering wheel) happens when you drive slowly over square edge bumps (like entering driveways, or small hard edged *** holes etc. There is a sweet spot, it doesnt occur if you drive faster or slower than what it takes.

I just dropped in my LR3 for service and the shop foreman mentioned that he has heard some customer complaints about the same clunk/noise in LR4 as well. He said that Land Rover knows it but maybe its fix is not on the top of their list of priorities.

bigben

Reaction score
Howdy,

A bit late but thought I'd chime in. We had this issue with our 06 RR (clunking when turning into our driveway). Issue seems to have been resolved after replacing the upper control arm/ball joints.

Will be trading in the RR soon for an LR4 (need that 3rd row!).

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No issues whatsoever. Front end suspension is from the RRS and amazing for a truck this size. Also the LR4 is light years ahead of the LR3. You'll love it. And mine has been extremely reliable. Almost two years old and nothing major and still drives as new.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA