ac switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
neither my ac switch and my recirculation switch (or what ever its called the one to the left of the ac switch) is lighting up. Ive checked all the fuses and I cant find any blown. If its low on freon it should still light up right?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
The bulb may be bad in the switch itself

Reaction score
I was wondering that but neither switch lights up and it doesn't cool and the compressor doesn't kick in. I'm thinking relay but can't tell which one and where it is. I've looked at the rave but I can't figure it out.

Reaction score
Any one know the actual part number not the K170,K108 number for the ac logic relay and the ac clutch

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
If the compressor isn't kicking on it could be out of 134a. Have you checked the fuse?

Reaction score
So I replaced the AC switch with a new one and replaced the green relays and still nothing. The switch will still will not light up. I've got 11volts on one side of the switch plug. How many hot wires are there on the AC switch plug? I've got freon and good fuses I'm stumped

Reaction score
I may have changed the wrong relays. I looked at the rave again and noticed that k108 was a yellow relay. Can anyone tell me what color the k170 logic relay is and where is it exactly. Ive looked at the rave and just cant really tell.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I presume since you are talking about Relay 170 you are talking a D1.... did you look at this?

ViewofACrelay.jpg

Passenger foot well. Also how did you check if you were full of R134a if you couldn't get the compressor to run? I always have to hot start it.

Reaction score
I looked at that picture from the rave but still couldn't tell which relay it was that's a crappie picture. When you look under the foot well you see 3 or yellow relays and a green one in a row. On top of the yellow ones toward the firewall is another yellow one which by looking at the rave at the next next picture over from the one you posted is k108. Above that is a metal hanger of some sort the has a row of yellows relays and a green relay. I noticed that at the beginning of that row of relays is a black relay plug fastened to the hanger but it doesn't have a relay on it. I don't have any idea what that plug is supposed to be for. I'm assuming by it being a black plug it should have a black relay? I push in on the low side connection and freon came out. It may be low or it may have to much but it's got freon in the lines. When you mash in on it you better be ready because it's coming out. You can tell it's freon and not air. I don't know what t the previous owner did to the ac. He may have stuck a can of freon on it and filled the lines I don't know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV