2011 RR Vogue TDV8 Transmission Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vittorio01

Reaction score
Has anyone had any transmission issues with a 2011 RR Vogue TDV8? Car doesn't seem to know which gear it should be in when driving around town. always seems to jump around and clunk into a lower gear. when you select sport its better and when you select manual and change the gears yourself through the flappy paddles it is perfect. when on highway is also fine. Any thoughts?

Vittorio01

Reaction score
Took the car to Landrover and they said that there was an update to the software that should fix this issue and they applied it - car is working really well now and very smooth through the gears.

I also asked if they would change the oil in the transmission and they say they don't until 250,000 km. seemed like they just wait for them to fail..i asked whether they could do it anyway and they wanted to charge me $1500, in other words restrictively pricing the service so nobody does it......anyone seen this before?

Doomsday

Reaction score
How many kms on your trans oil? Many manufacturers now have what they call lifetime service free transmissions. BMW is about to change back to servicing due to long term shifting problems. Yes. It makes good sense to do it periodically. High service cost though is generally due to the required flushing volume to fully replace. It is about 2.5 times the capacity of the transmission in question. IE - BMW X3 needs about 9 but takes 25 to flush and replace after servicing the filter etc. PM me if you want details on how to do it yourself.

Vittorio01

Reaction score
thanks - getting it done at a trustworthy mechanic. Not going back to Landrover..

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut