LR3 Subwoofer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EIGHTLUG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
J.D. Yes the sub is in the tailgate. I'd say it's a 10". Basically a free-air setup. No baffles or enclosure per say, just the whole tailgate. Here's a pic i took of it when I repaired the notorious liftgate cable problem...

IMAG0471.jpg

RichL73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever tried dynamat inside the tailgate to help with rattle, I had a Honda Civic once and the stuff worked great.

EIGHTLUG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've done just that. Most of my rattle was coming from the mounting plate hardware for the license plate. I used HushMat inside the tailgate around that area. It really helped. I picked the Hushmat up off of Amazon for about 18 bucks. I also applied the HushMat to the areas where I removed the foam membrane to access the liftgate hatch mechanism. Much more solid sound overall.

This is a little bigger kit, what I purchased is out of stock: http://www.amazon.com/HushMat-10110..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1S12F2098PY4AW0HXZ9W

destroyer

Reaction score
rchase; I like the way they installed yours making it look factory would you mind posting some pictures.
Thanks.

destroyer

Reaction score
I like the idea of a custom fabrication to, if anyone has some pictures could you post them. And yes it is so I can steel your ideas. or borrow.

angel20p

Reaction score
I have a 2006 Land Rover LR3 and I think the previous owner took out the subwoofer because there doesn't seem to be any base when the music is playing. Where would it be located (if there was one) and where is the best place to get a replacement if it is missing?

DirtKurt

Reaction score
I did a custom setup in the tailgate with a pioneer shallow mount 10, the stock mounting plate is useless. I fabbed a new mount out of 3/16 aluminum plate it was a tight fit but worked. I did some dynamat inside the tailgate and need to do some more but the sound is still excellent. I also had to add a amp, was able to hide it under the false floor (5 passenger). Overall I couldnt be happier results, 100% percent stock appearance with drastically improved sound.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA